Other Discussion: Best Quick Change Toolpost For Mini LatheGroup: uk.rec.models.engineering
Discussion: Best Quick Change Toolpost For Mini Lathe

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

Scrim
Sun, 23 Jan 2011 14:16:09 -0000
It's time to get a quick change tool post for my Super C3 mini lathe.

I've looked at the made to measure holder at ARC Eurotrade and two
possibilities from RDG tools which would need a simple mod to fit.

Arc C3 Quick Change Tool Post Set (?43.96)
Two thirds down page here:
http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/Machines-Accessories/Lathes/Model-C3-Mini-Lathe/C3-Super-C3-Mini-Lathe-Accessories

HBM Quick Change Toolpost Ref: 2051 (?56.17) &
Dixon Type Quick Change Toolpost Ref: 725MYFORD (?66.07)
First two items here:
http://www.rdgtools.co.uk/acatalog/Quick_Change_Toolposts__Complete_Sets_.html

I saw the hardened and ground Dixon Type from RDG tools at Alexandra Palace
yesterday and it looks very nice, but might be a bit big on the C3. I also
saw the ARC tool post on the Super C3 displayed at the SMEE stand and it
appeared to do the job.
The chap at the RDG stand told me about their HBM tool post, although they
didn't have any with them. Although cheaper than their Dixon type, he sais
it was a better design, the only down side being it was his own design and
so parts were only avail able from him.

Can anyone offer advice on these or other suitable Quick Change Tool Posts
for the C3?

Scrim

Jim Wilkins
Jan 23, 2011 - 06:04:12 pm EST
On Jan 23, 9:16=A0am, "Scrim" wrote:
> It's time to get a quick change tool post for my Super C3 mini lathe.
> Can anyone offer advice on these or other suitable Quick Change Tool Post=
> for the C3?
>
> Scrim

How much 'best' can you afford?
http://rotagriponline.com/index.php?option=3Dcom_virtuemart&page=3Dshop.bro=
wse&category_id=3D61&Itemid=3D29

Tony Jeffree
Jan 23, 2011 - 06:29:34 pm EST
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 15:04:12 -0800 (PST), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

>How much 'best' can you afford?
>http://rotagriponline.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=61&Itemid=29

Regards,
Tony

Mark Rand
Jan 23, 2011 - 06:51:51 pm EST
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 23:29:34 +0000, Tony Jeffree wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 15:04:12 -0800 (PST), Jim Wilkins
> wrote:
>
>>How much 'best' can you afford?
>>http://rotagriponline.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=61&Itemid=29
>>

>Regards,
>Tony

My two genuine Multifix Suisse A sized tool posts and the 17 tool holders I
have with them cost me _nothing_ Heh Heh Heh :-)

They are o*d and worn and need replacement cams bought or probably made, but
they're still a b****y good system. The only major flaw in the design is the
40 positions. 36 or 48, even 42 would be far more useful.

Mark Rand
RTFM

Ketan Swali
Jan 24, 2011 - 04:29:13 am EST
On 23 Jan, 14:16, "Scrim" wrote:
> It's time to get a quick change tool post for my Super C3 mini lathe.
>
> I've looked at the made to measure holder at ARC Eurotrade and two
> possibilities from RDG tools which would need a simple mod to fit.
>
> Arc C3 Quick Change Tool Post Set (43.96)
> Two thirds down page here:http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/Machine=
s-Accessories/Lathes/M...

> HBM Quick Change Toolpost Ref: 2051 (56.17) &
> =A0Dixon Type Quick Change Toolpost Ref: 725MYFORD (66.07)
> First two items here:http://www.rdgtools.co.uk/acatalog/Quick_Change_Tool=
posts__Complete_S...

> I saw the hardened and ground Dixon Type from RDG tools at Alexandra Pala=
ce
> yesterday and it looks very nice, but might be a bit big on the C3. I als=
> saw the ARC tool post on the Super C3 displayed at the SMEE stand and it
> appeared to do the job.
> The chap at the RDG stand told me about their HBM tool post, although the=
> didn't have any with them. Although cheaper than their Dixon type, he sai=
> it was a better design, the only down side being it was his own design an=
> so parts were only avail able from him.
>
> Can anyone offer advice on these or other suitable Quick Change Tool Post=
> for the C3?
>
> Scrim

If you are looking for an alternative to ARC's QCTP, consider this:

http://www.littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=3D2461=
&category=3D-419988835

Ketan at ARC.

Richard Edwards
Jan 24, 2011 - 04:56:37 am EST
On 23/01/2011 14:16, Scrim wrote:
> It's time to get a quick change tool post for my Super C3 mini lathe.
>
> I've looked at the made to measure holder at ARC Eurotrade and two
> possibilities from RDG tools which would need a simple mod to fit.
>
> Arc C3 Quick Change Tool Post Set (?43.96)
> Two thirds down page here:
> http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/Machines-Accessories/Lathes/Model-C3-Mini-Lathe/C3-Super-C3-Mini-Lathe-Accessories
>

> HBM Quick Change Toolpost Ref: 2051 (?56.17) &
> Dixon Type Quick Change Toolpost Ref: 725MYFORD (?66.07)
> First two items here:
> http://www.rdgtools.co.uk/acatalog/Quick_Change_Toolposts__Complete_Sets_.html
>

> I saw the hardened and ground Dixon Type from RDG tools at Alexandra
> Palace yesterday and it looks very nice, but might be a bit big on the
> C3. I also saw the ARC tool post on the Super C3 displayed at the SMEE
> stand and it appeared to do the job.
> The chap at the RDG stand told me about their HBM tool post, although
> they didn't have any with them. Although cheaper than their Dixon type,
> he sais it was a better design, the only down side being it was his own
> design and so parts were only avail able from him.
>
> Can anyone offer advice on these or other suitable Quick Change Tool
> Posts for the C3?
>
> Scrim
I bought Dixon Type from RDG for my Viceroy.
Threads were c**p, Tapping not perpendicular. I w3as not impressed.

--
Richard

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

Search Tags:
quick change toolpost "dixon type"
"Groz type quick change tool post"
"hbm tool post"
"mini lathe" multifix
3d modeof tool post for small lathe
725myford
arc euro qctp c3
arc euro quick change
arc euro trade
c3 lathe quick change tool post
c3 quick change tool post set
C3 Quick Change Tool Post Spare Holder
c3 super mini lathe
dickson quick change tool post
dickson quick change tool post spares
dickson tool post spares
dickson toolholder cnc arc
dickson type lathe tool post
dixon lathe tools
dixon multifix
dixon type qctp from rdgtools
eurotrading richard edwards
groz qctp design
groz quick change
groz tool post
Groz Type QCTP
groz type qctp design
groz type quick change tool post
groz type tool post
hbm qctp
hbm quick change tool post
hbm quick change toolpost
hbm quick change toolpost set
HBM Quick Ref: 2051
hbm ref: 2051
hbm tool post
hbm toolpost
HBM tools.co.uk
http://rotagriponline.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.bro = wse&category_id=61&Itemid=29
http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/catalogue/machines-accessories/lathes/model-c3-mini-lathe/model-super-c3-mini-lathe
http://www.littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=3D2461= &category=3D-419988835
lathe suisse qc tool post
millhill supplies qctp
mini lathe dixon tool post
mini lathes suisse
minilathe eur
multifix suisse
multifix suisse -aa- toolpost
multifix suisse a3 type toolpost
multifix suisse tool holder
multifix type quick change tool holder type a
norman qctp
qctp groz
qctp rdg
quick change tool holder mini lathe uk
quick change tool post c3 lathe
rdg tools quick change tool post
rdgtools "ref 2051"
RDGTOOLS QUICK CHANGE TOOL
ref: 725myford
richard edwards dba eurotrade
richard edwards dba eurotrading
richard edwards eurotrading
richard edwards, eurotrading
simple design tool post
suisse multifix quick change tool post
suisse qc-type toolpost
suisse toolpost
super c3 lathe
tools hbm
tyme lathes made in britain
v.ford/qctp
will a tool holder fit a b toolpost in multifix tooling