Other Discussion: Mystery Of 'Reminder Of Unpaid Fine' LetterGroup: uk.legal.moderated
Discussion: Mystery Of 'Reminder Of Unpaid Fine' Letter

Page:  Previous  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next  (First | Last)

Dave
Dec 31, 2010 - 12:15:02 pm EST
On 30/12/2010 20:30, David McNeish wrote:
> On Dec 30, 4:45 pm, "GP Hardy" wrote:
>
>> Doesn't the use of recorded delivery imply proof of posting?
>
> Yes, you get proof of posting automatically with Recorded Delivery.
>
> Sending a duplicate by ordinary post is however useful for the purpose
> of letting the recipient know what the RD letter said, in case they
> don't sign for it and then fail to collect it from the sorting office.

No, recorded delivery tells you that the post was received. What's the
chances that a normal delivery will get lost in the system? It's
happened to me many times both ways.

Dave

Dave
Dec 31, 2010 - 12:20:02 pm EST
On 31/12/2010 00:15, fred wrote:
> Terry Casey wrote in
> news:MPG.27871d4b3ecd5822989733 [No Spam] news.eternal-september.org:
>
>> In article,
>> gareth.hardy1 [No Spam] ntlwrold.com says...

>>> Doesn't the use of recorded delivery imply proof of posting? Recorded
>>> delivery is no extra guarantee that it will be delivered - or indeed
>>> that it will arrive with the intended recipient.
>>
>> Proof of posting is provided for Recorded Delivery items together with
>> a reference that can be tracked on-line.
>>
>> If Royal Mail's website says it has been delivered it is up to the
>> Court and RM to argue it out between themselves if there is any
>> dispute ...
>>

> The issue arises when RM has no record of delivery, whether by the
> commonly reported occurrence of delivery without signature or by a wary
> recipient refusing delivery of all RD mail (although the latter should be
> unlikely in your case).

It can happen. Our son put a RD letter to a breakers yard and it was
returned marked refused.

Dave

John Briggs
Dec 31, 2010 - 12:25:02 pm EST
On 31/12/2010 17:20, Dave wrote:
> On 31/12/2010 00:15, fred wrote:
>> Terry Casey wrote in
>> news:MPG.27871d4b3ecd5822989733 [No Spam] news.eternal-september.org:
>>
>>> In article,
>>> gareth.hardy1 [No Spam] ntlwrold.com says...

>>> Proof of posting is provided for Recorded Delivery items together with
>>> a reference that can be tracked on-line.
>>>
>>> If Royal Mail's website says it has been delivered it is up to the
>>> Court and RM to argue it out between themselves if there is any
>>> dispute ...
>>>

>> The issue arises when RM has no record of delivery, whether by the
>> commonly reported occurrence of delivery without signature or by a wary
>> recipient refusing delivery of all RD mail (although the latter should be
>> unlikely in your case).
>
> It can happen. Our son put a RD letter to a breakers yard and it was
> returned marked refused.

In the circumstances, I rather think that a court would accept that it
had been received!
--
John Briggs

Stuart A. Bronstein
Dec 31, 2010 - 02:50:02 pm EST
Dave wrote:

>> Sending a duplicate by ordinary post is however useful for the
>> purpose of letting the recipient know what the RD letter said,
>> in case they don't sign for it and then fail to collect it from
>> the sorting office.
>
> No, recorded delivery tells you that the post was received.
> What's the chances that a normal delivery will get lost in the
> system? It's happened to me many times both ways.

The problem is if the recipient refuses to take the post delivered by
recorded delivery, you won't have any proof it was delivered. You
will have the original back, possibly with some message saying that
it was undelivered.

--
Stu
http://downtoearthlawyer.com

NotMe
Dec 31, 2010 - 04:15:01 pm EST
On Dec 31, 12:10=A0pm, "mark" wrote:

> > The issue arises when RM has no record of delivery, whether by the
> > commonly reported occurrence of delivery without signature
>
> I'm astonished..!
> I have never, ever, had a recorded delivery letter left without a
> signature.... if I were not at home, then a card was left informing me th=
ere
> was such an item to be collected from the local sorting office [where a
> signature..and ID were required]
> Do RM actually leave these letters without a signature...?
> If so, =A0whatever happened to 'Registered Envelopes/Parcels' =A0...? =A0=
that DO
> require a signature for delivery...

I once sent 3 copies of the same letter recorded to three different
addresses. 2 of them received the letter, the third was popped through
my letter box, 2 days after being sent, with a proof of delivery
appearing on the RM website. RM had used the return address on the
back of the envelope, and I presume the postman had signed it. Luckily
the one I got back was to a less important address, and the recipients
shared copies anyway.

Page:  Previous  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next  (First | Last)

Search Tags:
"03007909901"
"london south west and west courts"
"reminder of unpaid fine"
"www.caofp.latestinfo.co.uk"
+Caofp Latestinfo
0300 790 9901
0300 790 9901 scam
0300 790 9901 scam?
0300 7909901
0300 7909901 need to speak
03007909901
03007909901 alternative number
03007909901 phone
03007909901 scam
03007909901 scam?
03007909901 what Is this number
08459400111
08459400111 no ring
0index.php
any uk no 0300 790 9901
cao latest info
cao latestinfo co uk
cao. latest info
cao.latestinfo
cao.latestinfo. scam
cao.latestinfo.co.uk
caofp
caofp latest info co uk
caofp postcode
caofp scam
caofp.@latestinfo.co.uk
caofp.latest info
caofp.latest.info.co.uk
caofp.latestinfo
caofp.latestinfo.co.uk
caofp.latestinfo.co.uk helpline
caofp.latestinfo.co.uk/
caofp@latestinfo
caofp@latestinfo.co,uk
caofp@latestinfo.co.uk
coa. latesinfo.co.uk
direct gov payacourtfine fraud
direct gov uk payacourtfine
direct gov.uk/payacourtfine.co.uk
direct.gov.uk/payacourt fine
direct.gov.uk/payacourtfine
directgevuk;
fake unpaid fine
fake unpaid fine uk
fines reminder message
have you used payacourtfine
HMCTS 03007909901
hmcts 03007909901 scam
HMCTS BITTHELL fine notice 03007909901
hmcts marston letter fraud
hoax reminder of unpaid fine
how do i talk to someone in this number 0300 790 9901
http://www.direct.gov.uk/payacourt/fine
I recieved an unpaid fine from the CAO and want to know what the fine was for
is 03007909901 a scam number
is www direct gov uk payacourtfine site a hoax
letter to parents about an unpaid fine
london south west and west court unpaid fine
mystery recorded delivery letter
no other reminder letter from marston scams
payacourtfine
payacourtfine scam
payacourtfine what is it for
phone number 0300 7909901
received letter to pay fine on 03007909901
reminder letter without signature
reminder of unpaid fine
reminder of unpaid fine letter
scam + 03007909901
scam 0300 7909901
scam letter about unpaid super paents
unpaid fine letter
unpaid fine letter scam
what is my fine for london south west and west courts
what is this number 03007909901
who are 03007909901
who has number 03007909901
why won't the number 0845 9400111 ring?
ww direct gov uk payacourtfine
ww.direct.gov.uk/payacourtfine red letter
WWW CAO Latest Info Co UK
www caofp latestinfo co uk
www caofp latestinfo com
www caofp.latestinfo.co.uk
www direct gov uk payacourtfine
www direct gov uk payacourtfine scam
www direct gov uk payacourtfine whats it for
www.cao.latestinfo
www.cao.latestinfo.co.uk
www.cao.latestinto.co.uk
www.caofp.latest info.co.uk