Other Discussion: Fridge Thermostat AdjustmentGroup: uk.d-i-y
Discussion: Fridge Thermostat Adjustment

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)

Paul D Smith
Tue, 24 May 2011 12:46:55 +0100
Servis fridge. Always very cold and compressor on. Replaced thermostat,
same results!

There are two adjustments screws, a small brass one apparently moving
contacts and a larger s***w working against a spring. Having fiddled with
these the fridge is better, but how do I adjust this properly?

Thanks,
Paul DS

Harry
May 24, 2011 - 01:16:01 pm EST
On May 24, 12:46=A0pm, "Paul D Smith" wrote:
> Servis fridge. =A0Always very cold and compressor on. =A0Replaced thermos=
tat,
> same results!
>
> There are two adjustments screws, a small brass one apparently moving
> contacts and a larger s***w working against a spring. =A0Having fiddled w=
ith
> these the fridge is better, but how do I adjust this properly?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul DS

One s***w will be for the temp setting, the other to vary the
differential (or hysteresis) between switch on/switch off. (Ie to stop
it coming on and off too frequently)

Some fridge compressors don't like being started until the gas
pressures have equalised, so the differential needs to take this into
account.

Paul D Smith
May 25, 2011 - 03:15:03 am EST
"harry" wrote in message
news:1762d953-c811-4a39-b26c-7a90fbf5a38d [No Spam] gv8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...
> On May 24, 12:46 pm, "Paul D Smith" wrote:
>> Servis fridge. Always very cold and compressor on. Replaced thermostat,
>> same results!
>>
>> There are two adjustments screws, a small brass one apparently moving
>> contacts and a larger s***w working against a spring. Having fiddled
>> with
>> these the fridge is better, but how do I adjust this properly?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Paul DS
>
> One s***w will be for the temp setting, the other to vary the
> differential (or hysteresis) between switch on/switch off. (Ie to stop
> it coming on and off too frequently)
>
> Some fridge compressors don't like being started until the gas
> pressures have equalised, so the differential needs to take this into
> account.

Thanks Harry - I believe the brass s***w is the temp, and the one working
against the spring is the hysteresis. I'm guessing that tightening against
the spring increases the hysteresis - we'll see ;-).

Paul DS.

Mr Pounder
May 25, 2011 - 01:02:24 pm EST
"Paul D Smith" wrote in message
news:iria9q$3tp$1 [No Spam] dont-email.me...
> "harry" wrote in message
> news:1762d953-c811-4a39-b26c-7a90fbf5a38d [No Spam] gv8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...
>> On May 24, 12:46 pm, "Paul D Smith" wrote:
>>> Servis fridge. Always very cold and compressor on. Replaced
>>> thermostat,
>>> same results!
>>>
>>> There are two adjustments screws, a small brass one apparently moving
>>> contacts and a larger s***w working against a spring. Having fiddled
>>> with
>>> these the fridge is better, but how do I adjust this properly?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Paul DS
>>
>> One s***w will be for the temp setting, the other to vary the
>> differential (or hysteresis) between switch on/switch off. (Ie to stop
>> it coming on and off too frequently)
>>
>> Some fridge compressors don't like being started until the gas
>> pressures have equalised, so the differential needs to take this into
>> account.
>
> Thanks Harry - I believe the brass s***w is the temp, and the one working
> against the spring is the hysteresis. I'm guessing that tightening
> against the spring increases the hysteresis - we'll see ;-).
>
> Paul DS.

Stats come preset, you really should not have to take them apart.
I trust the OP has secured the end of the capillary tube to the evaporator
plate?

Harry
May 25, 2011 - 02:21:52 pm EST
On May 25, 6:02=A0pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:
> "Paul D Smith" wrote in messagenews:iria9q$3tp=
$1 [No Spam] dont-email.me...

> > "harry" wrote in message
> >news:1762d953-c811-4a39-b26c-7a90fbf5a38d [No Spam] gv8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com..=
.

> >> One s***w will be for the temp setting, the other to vary the
> >> differential (or hysteresis) between switch on/switch off. (Ie to stop
> >> it coming on and off too frequently)
>
> >> Some fridge compressors don't like being started until the gas
> >> pressures have equalised, so the differential needs to take this into
> >> account.
>
> > Thanks Harry - I believe the brass s***w is the temp, and the one worki=
ng
> > against the spring is the hysteresis. =A0I'm guessing that tightening
> > against the spring increases the hysteresis - we'll see ;-).
>
> > Paul DS.
>
> Stats come preset, you really should not have to take them apart.
> I trust the OP has secured the end of the capillary tube to the evaporato=
> plate?

True. But if it's not working one has to mess about. Usually they
have lost gas & any adjustment doesn't last. b****y expensive they are
too.

Harry
May 25, 2011 - 02:26:44 pm EST
On May 25, 8:15=A0am, "Paul D Smith" wrote:
> "harry" wrote in message
>
> news:1762d953-c811-4a39-b26c-7a90fbf5a38d [No Spam] gv8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...
>

> > On May 24, 12:46 pm, "Paul D Smith" wrote:
> >> Servis fridge. =A0Always very cold and compressor on. =A0Replaced ther=
mostat,
> >> same results!
>
> >> There are two adjustments screws, a small brass one apparently moving
> >> contacts and a larger s***w working against a spring. =A0Having fiddle=
> >> with
> >> these the fridge is better, but how do I adjust this properly?
>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Paul DS
>
> > One s***w will be for the temp setting, the other to vary the
> > differential (or hysteresis) between switch on/switch off. (Ie to stop
> > it coming on and off too frequently)
>
> > Some fridge compressors don't like being started until the gas
> > pressures have equalised, so the differential needs to take this into
> > account.
>
> Thanks Harry - I believe the brass s***w is the temp, and the one working
> against the spring is the hysteresis. =A0I'm guessing that tightening aga=
inst
> the spring increases the hysteresis - we'll see ;-).
>
> Paul DS.- Hide quoted text -

There are different ones for different numbers of "star" fridges/
freezers.
There are several gases which evaporate at different temperatures
too. All effects the setting of the stat.

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)

Search Tags:
+thermostat+refrigerator+capillary
adjust a fridge thermostat
adjust fridge thermostat hysteresis
adjust refrigerator thermostat temperature and hysteresis
adjusting small refrigerator thermostats
differential on refrigerator thermostat
differential s***w settings for refrigerator thermostat
fridge differential s***w adjustment
fridge stat hysteresis
fridge thermostat adjust
fridge thermostat adjust two screws
fridge thermostat adjustment screws
fridge thermostat differential adjustment
fridge thermostat differential s***w
fridge thermostat hysteresis
fridge thermostat hysteresis adjustment
how to adjust fridge thermostat hysteresis
how to adjust hysteresis of refrigerator thermostat
hysteresis of refrigerator thermostat
hysterisis of fridge stat
refrigerator capillary thermostat hysteresis
refrigerator hysteresis
refrigerator thermostat adjustment
refrigerator thermostat adjustment screws
refrigerator thermostat calibration s***w
refrigerator thermostat differential adjustment
refrigerator thermostat differential settings
refrigerator thermostat hysteresis
refrigerator thermostat small brass s***w
servis fridge thermostat switch
set hysteresis fridge s***w
setting hysteresis on refrigerator thermostat
small refrigerator thermostat adjusting s***w
sunbeam refigerator thermostat calibration s***w
thermostat adjustment refrigerator hysteresis
thermostat adjutment refrigerator "two screws"
thermostat hysteresis adjustment
thermostat hysteresis adjustment fridge
thermostat hysteresis adjustment fridge "s***w"
two screws on refrigerator thermostat