Other Discussion: O T: Kenwood Hi-Fi System Help ?Group: uk.rec.audio
Discussion: O T: Kenwood Hi-Fi System Help ?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)

The_constructor
Fri, 17 Feb 2012 11:25:38 -0000
I have been given a Kenwood Hi-Fi system. Yes it is o*d and yes it does
work, well partly anyway. Amp with CD player

These are the parts included:
All Kenwood
T-85L Tuner
DP-950 CD player
GE-850 Graphic equaliser
A-85 Amplifier

I have been informed by a chap on eBay that I need a special cable to link
the Tuner and the Graphic Equaliser to the amplifier. Apparently the amp
sends control cables to the other parts in order to switch them on etc.

I was wondering if, long shot I know, if anyone knew anything about this
system and if they could give any further info on the cables so that I could
possibly make some if I can find the components required.

Kindest regards,

Jim G

Dave Plowman News
Feb 17, 2012 - 07:13:41 am EST
Worth Googling for the service manual or circuit diagram. Most older ones
are out there somewhere.

--
*Why is a boxing ring square?

Dave Plowman dave [No Spam] davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Feb 17, 2012 - 08:48:40 am EST

"the_constructor" wrote in message
news:FoSdnQE8Y-C5pKPSnZ2dnUVZ8hadnZ2d [No Spam] brightview.co.uk...
> I have been given a Kenwood Hi-Fi system. Yes it is o*d and yes it does
> work, well partly anyway. Amp with CD player
>
> These are the parts included:
> All Kenwood
> T-85L Tuner
> DP-950 CD player
> GE-850 Graphic equaliser
> A-85 Amplifier
>
> I have been informed by a chap on eBay that I need a special cable to link
> the Tuner and the Graphic Equaliser to the amplifier. Apparently the amp
> sends control cables to the other parts in order to switch them on etc.
>
> I was wondering if, long shot I know, if anyone knew anything about this
> system and if they could give any further info on the cables so that I
> could
> possibly make some if I can find the components required.

Many moons ago I recall having a play with a Kenwood system.
It had control cables which I think were 3.5 mm stereo jacks at each end
that went between the units.
I don't think there was anything special about them.
Have a look on the back of the units and you should find the sockets IIRC.

Ian Iveson
Feb 17, 2012 - 12:38:07 pm EST
On Feb 17, 11:25=A0am, "the_constructor"
wrote:
> I have been given a Kenwood Hi-Fi system. Yes it is o*d and yes it does
> work, well partly anyway. Amp with CD player
>
> These are the parts included:
> All Kenwood
> T-85L Tuner
> DP-950 CD player
> GE-850 Graphic equaliser
> A-85 Amplifier
>
> I have been informed by a chap on eBay that I need a special cable to lin=
> the Tuner and the Graphic Equaliser to the amplifier. Apparently =A0the a=
mp
> sends control cables to the other parts in order to switch them on etc.
>
> I was wondering if, long shot I know, if anyone knew anything about this
> system and if they could give any further info on the cables so that I co=
uld
> possibly make some if I can find the components required.
>
> Kindest regards,
>
> Jim G

There are both audio and control cables between these units.

Just looking at an A-54 amp, it has two pairs of phono connectors for
preamp out and power amp in. Your graphic equaliser should use all of
these. On the A-54, there appears to be no bypass within the amp, so
if you want the amp to work without the EQ, you will need to connect
the centres of the preamp out phonos to the centres of the power amp
ins.

For the control links, some Kenwoods use mini jacks, but some
including this A-54 use cables with flat multipin connectors. AFAIK
only two conductors are connected on each connector, so the system
might be the same as that with mini jacks. So, if you have the flat
connectors, then you will need to obtain original cables, or wire up
yourself, possibly using single wires with single pins. Manuals are
easy to find, and show the connections. Check the fuses if there are
any.

Ian

Geoff <-diy.org>
Feb 19, 2012 - 04:28:13 pm EST
In message ,
the_constructor writes
>I have been given a Kenwood Hi-Fi system. Yes it is o*d and yes it does
>work, well partly anyway. Amp with CD player
>
>These are the parts included:
>All Kenwood
>T-85L Tuner
>DP-950 CD player
>GE-850 Graphic equaliser
>A-85 Amplifier
>
>I have been informed by a chap on eBay that I need a special cable to link
>the Tuner and the Graphic Equaliser to the amplifier. Apparently the amp
>sends control cables to the other parts in order to switch them on etc.

I have, tucked away upstairs, a similar system I bought in Indonesia 25
y***s ago.; The amp is an A-45 , but, I presume more or less the same.
It has both power and control cables linking the tuner, amp and GE
modules

I'll take a look tomorrow

--
geoff

The_constructor
Feb 19, 2012 - 05:45:22 pm EST
"geoff" wrote in message
news:cQHLvyMtlWQPFwEA [No Spam] virginmedia.com...
> In message ,
> the_constructor writes
>>I have been given a Kenwood Hi-Fi system. Yes it is o*d and yes it does
>>work, well partly anyway. Amp with CD player
>>
>>These are the parts included:
>>All Kenwood
>>T-85L Tuner
>>DP-950 CD player
>>GE-850 Graphic equaliser
>>A-85 Amplifier
>>
>>I have been informed by a chap on eBay that I need a special cable to link
>>the Tuner and the Graphic Equaliser to the amplifier. Apparently the amp
>>sends control cables to the other parts in order to switch them on etc.
>>
> I have, tucked away upstairs, a similar system I bought in Indonesia 25
> y***s ago.; The amp is an A-45 , but, I presume more or less the same. It
> has both power and control cables linking the tuner, amp and GE modules
>
> I'll take a look tomorrow
>

> --
> geoff

Many thanks Geoff. Look forward to hearing from you soon

Jim G

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)

Search Tags:
kenwood a85
ampli kenwood t85l
bedienungsanleitung kenwood t-85l
dp950 kenwood manual service
gebruiksaanwijzing kenwood t 85 l
how kenwood a-85 can be connected to other parts
http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii629/the_constructor/kenwood_socket-1.jpg
http://www.usenetmessages.com/view.php?c=other&g=331&id=306&p=0
kenwood stereo amp a54
kenwood a45 system
kenwood t85l control cable
kenwood a-85 amp
kenwood a-93 service
kenwood a54 amp
kenwood a54 amp manual
kenwood a54 amp manual usuario
kenwood a54 amplifier
kenwood a54 phono amp any good vinyl
kenwood a54 system control cable
kenwood a82
kenwood a85
kenwood a85 amp
kenwood a85 amp connections
kenwood a85 amplifier
kenwood a85 back connect
kenwood a85 dimensions
kenwood a85 manual
kenwood a85 system
kenwood a85 system p******s
kenwood a85 system control
kenwood a85 system control user manual
kenwood a85 user manual
kenwood amp a-93 service manual
kenwood amplifier "a-82" diagram
kenwood amplifier troubleshooting a54
kenwood cd player dp 950 problems
Kenwood dp 950 manual
kenwood dp 950 service manual
kenwood dp-950 service manual
kenwood dp-950 service manual
kenwood dp-a85
kenwood dp950 owner manual
kenwood dp950 service manual
kenwood equalizer ge-850 manual
kenwood ge-850 manual
kenwood ge850 control lead
kenwood hi-fi GE-850
kenwood hifi system a-85 connections
kenwood kgc-4041 graphic equaliser connection cables
kenwood kgc-4041 graphic equalizer
kenwood kgc-7450 graphic equalizer
kenwood midim 93 schematics
kenwood midim-93 service
kenwood midim93 manual
kenwood separates system control cables
kenwood stereo graphic equalizer ge 850 sevrice manuval
kenwood system control a 85
kenwood system control cable
kenwood system control cable a-45
kenwood system control cable part number
kenwood T 85-L manual
kenwood T-85 service manual
kenwood t-85l
kenwood t-85l manual
KENWOOD T-85L TUNER
kenwood t-85l tuner ??????????
kenwood t85
kenwood t85 l
kenwood t85 user manual
kenwood t85l
kenwood t85l manual
kenwood t85l system control
kenwood t85l system control leads
kenwood t85l user manual
kenwood tuner t-85l manual
kenwood tuner-t85 manual
manual kenwood dp-950
manual Kenwood tuner t-85L
manuel kenwood t-85l
no control system kenwood a85
operating manual for kenwood tuner t 85
schematic diagram of kenwood a-82 amplifier
systeem audio kabel kenwood t85 l
system control CABLE for kenwood
system control kabel kenwood dp 950
system control kabel kenwood t85 l