Other Discussion: Technika Freeview HD Boxes At Tesco.Group: uk.tech.digital-tv
Discussion: Technika Freeview HD Boxes At Tesco.

Page:  Previous  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next  (First | Last)

David
May 21, 2011 - 04:50:03 pm EST
> On May 19, 5:43 pm, snot wrote:
>> STBHDIS2010 - update to latest firmware via Channel Zero's website, then
>> reportedly OK. Does not transcode sound to dolby digtal 5.1 so no
>> surround sound via a standard decoder. Mine was faulty (kept rebooting)
>> so went back before I could test the latest firmware.
>>
>> STBHDH2010 - made by Manhatten Receivers, was OK but returned because
>> remote control was faulty. Does not transcode sound to dolby digtal 5.1
>> so no surround sound via a standard decoder.
>>
>> STBHDV2010 - Vestel clone. Works well, reliable and does transcode sound
>> to dolby digtal 5.1 so surround sound via a standard decoder.
>>
>> At ?30 get the Vestel version. More details on digitalspy website.
>
> My local Tesco has the H version at ?30, and the DIS version (on the
> box, it's an F version on the shelf label) not reduced at ?70.
>
> (So I bought a Goodmans SD box at ?24 instead.)

I would think the Checkout would go back to main computer and both be ?30.

Regards
David

Mike
May 21, 2011 - 06:16:28 pm EST
On 17/05/2011 11:42, David wrote:
> Ok cheap at ?30 each are they acceptable quaulity?
> 2 models anyone know difference if any in performance or quaulity?
> Will they do the BBC i-player?
> a) STBDIS2010
> b) STBH2010
>
> The second looks a smarter case.
> Thanks
> Regards
> David
No they won't do BBC iPlayer because that works over the Internet. BBC
iPlayer is nothing whatsoever to do with Freeview or over-the-air
digital TV. See
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

Regards Mike.

Tim Downie
May 21, 2011 - 06:17:12 pm EST
"David" wrote in message =
news:ir983j$2jn$1 [No Spam] dont-email.me...
>=20
>=20
> "Tim Downie" wrote in message=20
> news:ir903h$f60$1 [No Spam] dont-email.me...
>> snot"

Peter Duncanson
May 21, 2011 - 07:15:28 pm EST
On Sat, 21 May 2011 23:16:28 +0100, Mike wrote:

>On 17/05/2011 11:42, David wrote:
>> Ok cheap at ?30 each are they acceptable quaulity?
>> 2 models anyone know difference if any in performance or quaulity?
>> Will they do the BBC i-player?
>> a) STBDIS2010
>> b) STBH2010
>>
>> The second looks a smarter case.
>> Thanks
>> Regards
>> David
>No they won't do BBC iPlayer because that works over the Internet. BBC
>iPlayer is nothing whatsoever to do with Freeview or over-the-air
>digital TV. See
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/
>
>Regards Mike.

BBC iPlayer is available on Freesat boxes which have an internet
connection.

Here are two p****s of what appears on the TV screen when you press the
Red Button if the Freesat box is connected to the internet:
http://www.peterduncanson.net/temp/BBC%20Freesat%20iPlayer%201.jpg

and after you press the Right button
http://www.peterduncanson.net/temp/BBC%20Freesat%20iPlayer%202.jpg

(Sorry about the politician on screen!)

Similar facilities will be available on Freeview boxes in the future.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)

Peter Duncanson
May 21, 2011 - 07:22:14 pm EST
On Sun, 22 May 2011 00:15:28 +0100, Peter Duncanson
wrote:

>On Sat, 21 May 2011 23:16:28 +0100, Mike wrote:
>
>>On 17/05/2011 11:42, David wrote:
>>> Ok cheap at ?30 each are they acceptable quaulity?
>>> 2 models anyone know difference if any in performance or quaulity?
>>> Will they do the BBC i-player?
>>> a) STBDIS2010
>>> b) STBH2010
>>>
>>> The second looks a smarter case.
>>> Thanks
>>> Regards
>>> David
>>No they won't do BBC iPlayer because that works over the Internet. BBC
>>iPlayer is nothing whatsoever to do with Freeview or over-the-air
>>digital TV. See
>>http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/
>>
>>Regards Mike.
>
>BBC iPlayer is available on Freesat boxes which have an internet
>connection.
>
>Here are two p****s of what appears on the TV screen when you press the
>Red Button if the Freesat box is connected to the internet:
>http://www.peterduncanson.net/temp/BBC%20Freesat%20iPlayer%201.jpg
>
>and after you press the Right button
>http://www.peterduncanson.net/temp/BBC%20Freesat%20iPlayer%202.jpg
>
>(Sorry about the politician on screen!)
>
>Similar facilities will be available on Freeview boxes in the future.

There are many more i****s of the iPlayer menus on TV screens (via
Freesat boxes) at Google i****s by searching for:
freesat iPlayer

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)

Page:  Previous  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next  (First | Last)

Search Tags:
STBDIS2010
stbhdv2010 software update
"stbhdh2010 firmware"
"technika stbhdh2010 firmware" download
"technika stbhdh2010 internet upgrade
"technika stbhdh2010" software update
bbc firmware for technika stbhdv2010
bbc iplayer firmware for technika stbhdis2010
can technika stbhdh2010 receive channel zero
can't get bbc iplayer on technika hd freeview box
Channel Zero iplayer firmware
file server on technika freeview box
firmware upgrade for technika stbhdh2010
firmware upgrade fortechnika stbhdh2010
get iplayer on stbdis2010
how do i get iplayer on a stbhdis2010 iplayer
how to get technika stbhdh2010 to connect to the internet
how to get technika stbhdv2010 updating
how to get tv over internet using technika stbhdv2010
how to update technika stbhdv2010
latest technika stbhdv2010 box firmware upgrade download
software update technika stbhdv2010 download
stbdis2010
stbdis2010 youtube
stbhdh2010 bbc iplayer and youtube
STBHDH2010 channel zero
stbhdh2010 firmware
stbhdh2010 firmware update
stbhdh2010 firmware update download
stbhdh2010 firmware upgrade
stbhdh2010 iplayer
stbhdh2010 software
STBHDH2010 software update
stbhdh2010 update
stbhdis2010
stbhdis2010 "software update"
stbhdis2010 5.1
STBHDIS2010 after firmware
stbhdis2010 bbc iplayer firmware
stbhdis2010 connecttv
stbhdis2010 firmware
stbhdis2010 firmware iplayer update
stbhdis2010 firmware update
STBHDIS2010 firmware youview
stbhdis2010 how access iplayer
stbhdis2010 iplayer
stbhdis2010 iplayer firmware
stbhdis2010 iplayer upgrade
stbhdis2010 update
stbhdv2010 bbc iplayer
stbhdv2010 firmware update
STBHDV2010 iplayer
stbhdv2010 software upgrade
stbhdv2010 technika firmware
stbhdv2010 technika firmware download
stbhdv2010 will not update
stbhv2010
technika firmware updates stbhdh2010
technika freeview box keeps restarting
technika freeview hd player firmware
technika freeview hd with bbc iplayer review
technika hd box keeps rebooting
technika hd freeview stbhdv2010 firmware download
technika hd freeview stbhdv2010 firmware updates
technika hd keeps rebooting
Technika STBHDH2010
technika stbhdh2010 connect to internet
technika stbhdh2010 connect tv
technika stbhdh2010 firmware
technika stbhdh2010 firmware download
technika stbhdh2010 firmware update
technika stbhdh2010 internet connection
technika stbhdh2010 iplayer
technika stbhdh2010 keeps rebooting
technika stbhdh2010 software update
technika stbhdh2010 software update download
technika stbhdh2010 software version
technika stbhdh2010 update
technika stbhdh2010 update channel
technika stbhdh2010 youtube
technika stbhdis2010 4od
technika stbhdis2010 5.1 surround sound
technika stbhdis2010 bbc iplayer
technika stbhdis2010 firmware
technika stbhdis2010 firmware download
technika stbhdis2010 firmware downloads
technika stbhdis2010 firmware update
technika stbhdis2010 firmware update iplayer
technika stbhdis2010 internet
technika stbhdis2010 iplayer
technika stbhdis2010 iplayer firmware
technika stbhdis2010 iplayer software
technika stbhdis2010 latest firmware
technika stbhdis2010 software
technika stbhdv2010
technika stbhdv2010 latest firmware
technika stbhdv2010 upgrade software download latest
technika stbhdv2010 bbc iplayer
technika stbhdv2010 firmware
technika stbhdv2010 firmware update
technika stbhdv2010 firmware update set top box download
technika stbhdv2010 how to connect it to internet
technika stbhdv2010 how to get bbc iplayer
technika stbhdv2010 internet reboots
technika stbhdv2010 iplayer
technika stbhdv2010 not updating
technika stbhdv2010 set top box what settings to connect to internet
tecknika stbdis2010
tesco technika hd freeview box reboots on internet
www.ch-zero.tv technika model stbhdis2010