Microsoft Discussion: Ipoint.exe/itype.exe ProblemGroup: microsoft.public.mshardware.product
Discussion: Ipoint.exe/itype.exe Problem

Page: 1   (First | Last)

The_lundholm
Mon, 1 Feb 2010 13:40:01 -0800
Mostly Ipoint.exe, not so often Itype.exe and sometimes both use 50% or more
of my CPU. Now and then I also have to kill their processes to be able to
shutdown.

I know they are not required but they have som nice and useful features, so...

Why and what to do?

Mvanner
Feb 03, 2010 - 11:36:05 am EST

"the_lundholm" wrote:

> Mostly Ipoint.exe, not so often Itype.exe and sometimes both use 50% or more
> of my CPU. Now and then I also have to kill their processes to be able to
> shutdown.
>
> I know they are not required but they have som nice and useful features, so...
>
> Why and what to do?

Mvanner
Feb 03, 2010 - 11:38:02 am EST

"the_lundholm" wrote:

> Mostly Ipoint.exe, not so often Itype.exe and sometimes both use 50% or more
> of my CPU. Now and then I also have to kill their processes to be able to
> shutdown.
>
> I know they are not required but they have som nice and useful features, so...
>
> Why and what to do?

I've just recently noticed the same problem and Kaspersky AV is notifying me
regarding keylogger behaviour ( don't have the name at the moment). I haven't
checked yet for a keylogger and I'd be surprised but anything is possible.

Beverly Howard
Feb 03, 2010 - 12:28:28 pm EST
What version of the softwares?

In the short time I have been here, I have seen enough posts to assure
that I won't install 7.x versions... don't have the same problems with 6.x

Beverly Howard

Mvanner
Feb 03, 2010 - 01:19:01 pm EST

"Beverly Howard" wrote:

> What version of the softwares?
>
> In the short time I have been here, I have seen enough posts to assure
> that I won't install 7.x versions... don't have the same problems with 6.x
>
> Beverly Howard
> .

Mine is likely the 7.x version since it's running on a Windows 7x64 system
and the software was installed recently. The system is multi boot with XP and
Vista and although I haven't verified the problem wasn't happening on those
OS. The problem is recent and the OS has been installed since October. FYI
Kaspersky is reporting a problem driver as PDM.Keylogger. I will be running
sfc when I have the chance and report back any issues.

Page: 1   (First | Last)

Search Tags:
are ipoint and itype necessary
are itype and ipoint necessary
can i turn off ipoint and itype on windows 7
demarrage xp itype ipoint
disable ipoint and itype
disable ipoint exe itype
do i need ipoint and itype ?
do i need ipoint, itype
do I need IPoint.exe?
do i need itype ipoint
do i need itype.exe and ipoint.exe
do ipoint and itype need to run?
erreur itype.exe ipoint.exe
erro ipoint e itype
h*********l ipoint.exe
ipoint & itype processes
ipoint and itype
ipoint and itype software
ipoint and itype.exe error
ipoint and itype?
ipoint cpu
ipoint e itype.exe
Ipoint EXE Message NO Disk
ipoint exe wont close
ipoint hang at shutdown
ipoint hanging on shutdown
ipoint itype
ipoint itype désactiver
ipoint itype error
ipoint itype exe
ipoint itype microsoft
ipoint itype MSVCP.dll error
ipoint itype service
ipoint itype shut down permanently
ipoint itype win 7
ipoint itype windows
ipoint itype.exe
ipoint msvcp
ipoint shutdown
ipoint shutdown error
ipoint shutdown problem XP
ipoint shutdown xp
ipoint und itype
ipoint xp service necessary?
ipoint ? itype
ipoint.exe shutdown
ipoint.exe and itype.exe
ipoint.exe and itype.exe error
ipoint.exe application error xp logout
ipoint.exe cpu 2010
ipoint.exe crashes on shutdown
ipoint.exe freezes shut down xp
ipoint.exe halts xp shutdown
ipoint.exe hang
ipoint.exe hang shut down
ipoint.exe hanging
ipoint.exe hangs
ipoint.exe hangs during shutdown xp
ipoint.exe itype.exe
ipoint.exe itype.exe crash
ipoint.exe lag
ipoint.exe lags
ipoint.exe problem on shutdown
ipoint.exe shut down
ipoint.exe shutdown
ipoint.exe shutdown xp
ipoint.exe won't close
ipoint.exe won't shut down
ipoint.exe, itype.exe
itype and ipoint
ITYPE and ipoint has encountered an error and needs to close windows xp
itype and ipoint neccessary to run
itype e ipoint
itype ipoint
itype ipoint computer