Categories: Alternative - Computer - Microsoft - Miscellaneous - Recreational - Science - Society - Talk - Other - Search


Microsoft Discussion: Suddenly Can't Print .. No Clue WhyGroup: microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Discussion: Suddenly Can't Print .. No Clue Why
Add this discussion to your Favorites
Posts: 14

Page:  Previous  1 2 3   Next  (First | Last)

Cari \MS-MVP\
Jul 27, 2009 - 05:51:23 pm EST
Do the printer(s) have ink in them?

Do they appear to be installed correctly?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
http://www.coribright.com/windows


"Snuffy2" wrote in message
news:c7cce3b4f350da47b780a95f2f27f1cf [No Spam] nntp-gateway.com...
>
> System restore and uninstalling and reinstalling the printers have not
> worked.
>
> Anything else? I really would like to print again.
>
>
> --
> Snuffy2




Snuffy2 <-email.com>
Jul 27, 2009 - 06:41:06 pm EST

Cari \(MS-MVP\);1100194 Wrote:
> Do the printer(s) have ink in them?
>
> Do they appear to be installed correctly?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> 'Welcome' (http://www.coribright.com/windows)
>

Printers work fine and all other PCs in the house can print to them
fine. They are both network printers. I also cannot print to the built
in PDF and XPS printers either with the same error.

I can print simple txt docs from Notepad & Wordpad and test pages from
within control panel from this PC but cant print real docs from any app.


--
Snuffy2



Cari \MS-MVP\
Jul 28, 2009 - 07:05:58 pm EST
Aha.... then it's what we refer to as an application error, since you CAN
print from Notepad and Wordpad. I'd suggest reinstalling the application in
question... BTW what app is it?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
http://www.coribright.com/windows


"Snuffy2" wrote in message
news:8f471f3ec33589fdec0d48910bfe3a96 [No Spam] nntp-gateway.com...
>
> Cari \(MS-MVP\);1100194 Wrote:
>> Do the printer(s) have ink in them?
>>
>> Do they appear to be installed correctly?
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
>> 'Welcome' (http://www.coribright.com/windows)
>>
>
> Printers work fine and all other PCs in the house can print to them
> fine. They are both network printers. I also cannot print to the built
> in PDF and XPS printers either with the same error.
>
> I can print simple txt docs from Notepad & Wordpad and test pages from
> within control panel from this PC but cant print real docs from any app.
>
>
> --
> Snuffy2




Snuffy2 <-email.com>
Jul 28, 2009 - 10:15:14 pm EST

Cari \(MS-MVP\);1100921 Wrote:
> Aha.... then it's what we refer to as an application error, since you
> CAN
> print from Notepad and Wordpad. I'd suggest reinstalling the
> application in
> question... BTW what app is it?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> 'Welcome' (http://www.coribright.com/windows)
>

It's Every other app! Acrobat, OpenOffice, Microsoft Office, Firefox,
Thunderbird, IE, everything else. I have tried reinstalling a few of
these apps but no success.

I can only print test pages from the control panel for the printer and
simple txt files from within wordpad & notepad. No other app will print.


--
Snuffy2



Cari \MS-MVP\
Jul 29, 2009 - 11:10:01 pm EST
Make sure you are not just hitting the 'print' icon on the toolbar, but
selecting File, Print... and then making sure you select the printer from
the drop down box. It's possible you're printing to a virtual printer like
Acrobat PDF Creator, Microsoft XPS printer etc.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
http://www.coribright.com/windows


"Snuffy2" wrote in message
news:dfb5cbbaa784c810e8f8c1e396c2b82b [No Spam] nntp-gateway.com...
>
> Cari \(MS-MVP\);1100921 Wrote:
>> Aha.... then it's what we refer to as an application error, since you
>> CAN
>> print from Notepad and Wordpad. I'd suggest reinstalling the
>> application in
>> question... BTW what app is it?
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
>> 'Welcome' (http://www.coribright.com/windows)
>>
>
> It's Every other app! Acrobat, OpenOffice, Microsoft Office, Firefox,
> Thunderbird, IE, everything else. I have tried reinstalling a few of
> these apps but no success.
>
> I can only print test pages from the control panel for the printer and
> simple txt files from within wordpad & notepad. No other app will print.
>
>
> --
> Snuffy2




Page:  Previous  1 2 3   Next  (First | Last)


Search Tags:
snuffy2/local



@ 2014 UsenetMessages.com | Privacy | Try: AnswerDB