Microsoft Discussion: Can Not Access CRM 4.0 From A Client Machine After Initial SetupGroup: microsoft.public.crm
Discussion: Can Not Access CRM 4.0 From A Client Machine After Initial Setup

Page: 1   (First | Last)

Joe
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:31:02 -0800
Hi,
I just finished installing CRM 4.0 and the client side. When I go through
the wizard to connect the server, it is not accepting the intranet address,
"The specified MS CRM server is not available. can not access through the
browser either. I can access it while logged onto the server. I did create
the domain user onto the CRM and gave all roles. The address is:
"http://crm:5555/CPA-CRM/loader.aspx". I am running SBS 2008, and a separate
server for CRM/SQL2005.
Another question: How can I change it where it is only
"http://crm/loader.aspx"

thanks,
Joe

Dave Ireland
Feb 23, 2010 - 07:10:41 pm EST
Hi Joe,

Joe - could the firewall be enabled on your SBS server? That might be preventing
connections from client machines. If you cannot access it using the browser,
then don't bother with the Outlook client.

In terms of the URL, you should only need to use http://crm:5555 and then
CRM will fill in the rest assuming you just have the one "CPA-CRM" organization.

Dave

> Hi,
> I just finished installing CRM 4.0 and the client side. When I go
> through
> the wizard to connect the server, it is not accepting the intranet
> address,
> "The specified MS CRM server is not available. can not access through
> the
> browser either. I can access it while logged onto the server. I did
> create
> the domain user onto the CRM and gave all roles. The address is:
> "http://crm:5555/CPA-CRM/loader.aspx". I am running SBS 2008, and a
> separate
> server for CRM/SQL2005.
> Another question: How can I change it where it is only
> "http://crm/loader.aspx"
> thanks,
> Joe

Joe
Feb 23, 2010 - 09:40:01 pm EST
Thank you for the reply Dave, but I'm not clear with your response, but I did
turn off the firewall on the SBS temporary to see if it was the issue and did
not work. I am not sure what you mean by
"If you cannot access it using the browser, then don't bother with the
Outlook client." How other way will I be able to access CRM.

it is not accepting http://crm:5555 as the intranet addres and I am not able
to connect to http://crm:5555
The server name is crm, I have website "Microsoft Dynamics CRM" listening to
port 5555, and does not have a host header. As I mentioned before, I can
connect to it from the server itself as: http://crm:5555
Thanks,
Joseph
Thanks,
Joe

"Dave Ireland" wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> Joe - could the firewall be enabled on your SBS server? That might be preventing
> connections from client machines. If you cannot access it using the browser,
> then don't bother with the Outlook client.
>
> In terms of the URL, you should only need to use http://crm:5555 and then
> CRM will fill in the rest assuming you just have the one "CPA-CRM" organization.
>
> Dave
>

> > Hi,
> > I just finished installing CRM 4.0 and the client side. When I go
> > through
> > the wizard to connect the server, it is not accepting the intranet
> > address,
> > "The specified MS CRM server is not available. can not access through
> > the
> > browser either. I can access it while logged onto the server. I did
> > create
> > the domain user onto the CRM and gave all roles. The address is:
> > "http://crm:5555/CPA-CRM/loader.aspx". I am running SBS 2008, and a
> > separate
> > server for CRM/SQL2005.
> > Another question: How can I change it where it is only
> > "http://crm/loader.aspx"
> > thanks,
> > Joe
>

> .

Joe
Feb 23, 2010 - 09:54:01 pm EST
Thank you for the reply Dave,
I turned off the firewall temporary and restarted the firewall service, but
still the wizard could not locate the server http://crm:5555. That also
applies attempting to access it through the workstation's browser. I don't
know what you mean by "If you cannot access it using the browser, then don't
bother with the Outlook client." How would I be able to connect to the CRM
otherwise.
As I mentioned before, I can access it through the server's webbrower as
http://crm:5555. The website is called "Microsoft Dynamics CRM" and does not
have a host header. I'm not sure if i need that or not.
Thanks,
Joe

"Dave Ireland" wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> Joe - could the firewall be enabled on your SBS server? That might be preventing
> connections from client machines. >
> In terms of the URL, you should only need to use http://crm:5555 and then
> CRM will fill in the rest assuming you just have the one "CPA-CRM" organization.
>
> Dave
>

> > Hi,
> > I just finished installing CRM 4.0 and the client side. When I go
> > through
> > the wizard to connect the server, it is not accepting the intranet
> > address,
> > "The specified MS CRM server is not available. can not access through
> > the
> > browser either. I can access it while logged onto the server. I did
> > create
> > the domain user onto the CRM and gave all roles. The address is:
> > "http://crm:5555/CPA-CRM/loader.aspx". I am running SBS 2008, and a
> > separate
> > server for CRM/SQL2005.
> > Another question: How can I change it where it is only
> > "http://crm/loader.aspx"
> > thanks,
> > Joe
>

> .

Joe
Feb 23, 2010 - 10:06:01 pm EST
Dave,
I restarted the server and started working. It was the firewall. Thanks for
your help

"Joe" wrote:

> Hi,
> I just finished installing CRM 4.0 and the client side. When I go through
> the wizard to connect the server, it is not accepting the intranet address,
> "The specified MS CRM server is not available. can not access through the
> browser either. I can access it while logged onto the server. I did create
> the domain user onto the CRM and gave all roles. The address is:
> "http://crm:5555/CPA-CRM/loader.aspx". I am running SBS 2008, and a separate
> server for CRM/SQL2005.
> Another question: How can I change it where it is only
> "http://crm/loader.aspx"
>
> thanks,
> Joe

Page: 1   (First | Last)

Search Tags:
//crm.poehalisnami.com:5555/
: http://crm.poehalisnami.com:5555.
access CRM port 5555
cannot access dynamics crm sbs
client access dynamics crm 5555
configure crm to listening on http port 5555
crm 4.0 access from other machine
crm 5555
crm 5555 firewall
crm http:// loader.aspx
crm poehalisnami
crm poehalisnami.com:5555
crm-slce.prodam:5555
crm.com:5555
crm.local:5555
crm.poehalisnami.com
crm.poehalisnami.com 5555
CRM.poehalisnami.com.5555/
crm.poehalisnami.com:5555
crm.poehalisnami.com:5555.
crm.poehalisnami.com:5555/
crm.server is not available outlook client config
crm4.0 cannot access from web client
crm:5555
crm:5555/INVICTA
crm:5555/INVICTA/loader.aspx
crm:5555\INVICTA
crm@beesys.com
crn slce prodam 5555
hhh//crm.poehalisnami.com:5555
HTP.CRM5555
htt//crm.poehalisnami.com:5555
httcrm.poehalisnami.com:5555
http crm 5555
http.crm.poehalisnami.com:5555
http//:352-crm:5555
http//crm-slce.prodam:5555
http://.prodam:5555
http://352-crm:5555
http://crm-slc-e.prodam:5555
http://crm-slce
http://crm-slce.prodam
http://crm-slce.prodam:5555
http://crm-slce.prodam:5555/
http://crm-test:5555/wyatttechnology
http://crm.local:5555
http://crm/loader.aspx
http://crm5555
http://crm5555/
http://crm:5555/belco
http://crm:5555/INVICTA
http://crm:5555/INVICTA/
http://crm:5555/INVICTA/_
http://crm:5555/INVICTA/_forms
http://crm:5555/TMCFERMS
http://srv-crm:5555
http://srv-crm:5555/spe
http://srv-sql1:5555
http:crm.poehalisnami.com:5555
http:crm.poehalisnami.com:5555/
https//srvcrm
https://crm.5555/interswitch
https://crm:5555.com
https://srvcrm.5555
httpsa://crm.beesys.com:5555
http\\crm.poehalisnami.com:5555
http\\crm5555
http\\crm:5555\belco
outlook crm server is not available. firewall log
srv crm 5555
srvcrm
www.crm.poehalisnami:5555.com
www.goevergreen:5555/loader.aspx