Computer Discussion: Telamon MAILGroup: comp.sys.hp.mpe
Discussion: Telamon MAIL

Page: 1   (First | Last)

Thor Engstrom
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:32:42 -0700
Is anyone still using the Telamon mail program?

We are using it to e-mail PDF reports from our HP3000.

We are having issues with some e-mail clients picking up the wrong name =
for the attachment:

--multipart=3D_MON,_AUG_10,_2009,__8:52_AM

AOL 9.1 and Blackberry mail clients pick up J4803T.MMSPOOL.REULAND as =
the file name

AOL webmail, Yahoo mail, Outlook, Outlook Express pickup the correct =
filename - RE101.pdf

Any suggestions?

Does anyone happen to have the source code for the Telamon mail program? =
or does
anyone happen to know how to get a hold of Randy Medd?

TIA,

Thor

Thor Engstrom
Aug 10, 2009 - 03:34:52 pm EST
MMAIL version A.02.25 (4/7/2006)

> What version of the mail client do you have? - donna
>
> ---
> Donna Hofmeister
> Allegro Consultants, Inc.
> 408-252-2330

Dave Powell, MMfab
Aug 10, 2009 - 04:21:59 pm EST
We are still using it. No special problems, but then we only send TXT & RTF
attachments.

When in doubt, experiment with the attachment encoding. In the past, I
found that some email systems work better with certain attachment-type and
encoding combinations than others. Our system has an over-ride in it so a
couple sites get their RTF emails with a different encoding than all the
others. Our default is code "-ap", making the attachment "quoted
printable".

Another thing to try might be renaming the file 1st (and create a "PDF"
group in the relevant account), so that both the local file name and the
attachment name can be "RE101.PDF". Our txt files go out with "-a
file.txt". Our RTF files go out with "-ap file.group.account=file.group",
and I would get rid of the ".account" if those files didn't live in another
account than the jobs that send them.

Is anyone still using the Telamon mail program?

We are using it to e-mail PDF reports from our HP3000.

We are having issues with some e-mail clients picking up the wrong name for
the attachment:

--multipart=_MON,_AUG_10,_2009,__8:52_AM

AOL 9.1 and Blackberry mail clients pick up J4803T.MMSPOOL.REULAND as the
file name

AOL webmail, Yahoo mail, Outlook, Outlook Express pickup the correct
filename - RE101.pdf

Any suggestions?

Does anyone happen to have the source code for the Telamon mail program? or
does
anyone happen to know how to get a hold of Randy Medd?

TIA,

Thor

Page: 1   (First | Last)

Search Tags: