Alternative Discussion: It Is Dzintars CersGroup: alt.radio.networks.cbc
Discussion: It Is Dzintars Cers

Page: 1   (First | Last)

DanNospamSay
Mon, 13 Sep 2010 18:00:07 -0700 (PDT)
Dzintars Cers is a Latvian-Canadian radio presenter and musician . He
has been a news presenter at the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
since at least 2001, anchoring evening and overnight news on CBC Radio
One . In 1994, he narrated a documentary about bicyclist Steve Bauer

Marais
Sep 14, 2010 - 07:41:14 am EST
DanNospamSay wrote:
> Dzintars Cers is a Latvian-Canadian radio presenter and musician . He
> has been a news presenter at the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
> since at least 2001, anchoring evening and overnight news on CBC Radio
> One . In 1994, he narrated a documentary about bicyclist Steve Bauer

Correct - thanks. I found the same material you quoted earlier.

Marais

DanNospamSay
Sep 17, 2010 - 03:44:23 pm EST
And isn't it nice to have him read the news while
Peter Armstrong takes Yom Kippur off?

Still, we miss Judy Maddren who, like Mr. Cers,
didn't shout the news as Peter (Barking) Armstrong does.

Marais
Sep 17, 2010 - 05:59:09 pm EST
DanNospamSay wrote:
> And isn't it nice to have him read the news while
> Peter Armstrong takes Yom Kippur off?
>
> Still, we miss Judy Maddren who, like Mr. Cers,
> didn't shout the news as Peter (Barking) Armstrong does.

And a vote for Raffi Vigod - another of the really excellent news
readers (or whatever management-speak for this position is) on CBC Radio.

But I regret the retirement of women with really good voices and talent,
like Lorna Jackson and Margaret Pacsu.

Page: 1   (First | Last)

Search Tags:
"dzintars cers" cbc