Alternative Discussion: IF Barry Manilow RetiredGroup: alt.fan.barry-manilow
Discussion: IF Barry Manilow Retired

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next  (First | Last)

Yabbadabbadoo
Tue, 6 Sep 2011 12:53:15 -0700 (PDT)
I am writing a new post because well. I can.
When or should I say if Barry retires what would you do?
Have a fit? Not go to work? Not function at all?
I could go on. I could go to work. And I could function
I would not have remorse if he rescheduled his cancelled shows in CA
and AU
by the way.
I am just wondering what people would do? Geez I remember when Manilow
wasnt nominated
AT the Kennedy Center. Some people were going off about that but I
guess that was okay .
So IF Barry ever retired in my own opinion he would be hassled about
it and than have to come out of retirement because he would be nagged
about it.Like I say my own opinion
Lorrie--maybe this is my real name and maybe it is not!! who cares?

YBA
Sep 06, 2011 - 04:25:08 pm EST
On Sep 6, 3:53=A0pm, yabbadabbadoo wrote:
> I am writing a new post because well. I can.
> When or should I say if Barry retires what would you do?
> Have a fit? Not go to work? Not function at all?
> I could go on. I could go to work. And I could function
> I would not have remorse if he rescheduled his cancelled shows in CA
> and AU
> by the way.
> I am just wondering what people would do? Geez I remember when Manilow
> wasnt nominated
> AT =A0the Kennedy Center. Some people were going off about that but I
> guess that was okay .
> So IF Barry ever retired in my own opinion he would be hassled about
> it and than have to come out of retirement because he would be nagged
> about it.Like I say my own opinion
> Lorrie--maybe this is my real name and maybe it is not!! who cares?

I'd do the same thing I do now.
Enjoy what I have from his work and wish him well.

(So much to blog.... so little time... so much billable work on my
desk.....)

YBA
:-)

Angel
Sep 06, 2011 - 04:39:33 pm EST
On Sep 6, 9:25=A0pm, YBA wrote:
> On Sep 6, 3:53=A0pm, yabbadabbadoo wrote:
>
> > I am writing a new post because well. I can.
> > When or should I say if Barry retires what would you do?
> > Have a fit? Not go to work? Not function at all?
> > I could go on. I could go to work. And I could function
> > I would not have remorse if he rescheduled his cancelled shows in CA
> > and AU
> > by the way.
> > I am just wondering what people would do? Geez I remember when Manilow
> > wasnt nominated
> > AT =A0the Kennedy Center. Some people were going off about that but I
> > guess that was okay .
> > So IF Barry ever retired in my own opinion he would be hassled about
> > it and than have to come out of retirement because he would be nagged
> > about it.Like I say my own opinion
> > Lorrie--maybe this is my real name and maybe it is not!! who cares?
>
> I'd do the same thing I do now.
> Enjoy what I have from his work and wish him well.
>
> (So much to blog.... =A0so little time... =A0so much billable work on my
> desk.....)
>
> YBA
> :-)

I'd do the same thing I do now.
Enjoy what I have from his work and wish him well.

My sentiments exactly.

Brenda M
Sep 06, 2011 - 04:57:08 pm EST

YBA wrote:

> I'd do the same thing I do now.
> Enjoy what I have from his work and wish him well.

I'd listen to my CD's ...
Remember him fondly...

And make fun of the fans who'd move out to Palm Springs to "retire"
right along with him. Yikes!

Brenda

Bookworm
Sep 06, 2011 - 05:32:19 pm EST
On Sep 6, 12:53=A0pm, yabbadabbadoo wrote:
> I am writing a new post because well. I can.
> When or should I say if Barry retires what would you do?
> Have a fit? Not go to work? Not function at all?
> I could go on. I could go to work. And I could function
> I would not have remorse if he rescheduled his cancelled shows in CA
> and AU
> by the way.
> I am just wondering what people would do? Geez I remember when Manilow
> wasnt nominated
> AT =A0the Kennedy Center. Some people were going off about that but I
> guess that was okay .
> So IF Barry ever retired in my own opinion he would be hassled about
> it and than have to come out of retirement because he would be nagged
> about it.Like I say my own opinion
> Lorrie--maybe this is my real name and maybe it is not!! who cares?

I'd go about my business and say it's about time! He's worked hard for
most of his life and he can't go on forever. Even machines quit after
so long. I'm not one of the obsessed ones and I know he's a person
and everyone has a right to retire when they feel they are ready. I
have a feeling Barry will announce his retirement and not care what
these people think. He's told everyone to just get on with our lives
and he can't say it any more plain than that. Maybe when the time
comes, he'll be able to do some of the things he's always wanted to do
but never had the time. I can just see all the boo hoo hooing that
will be going on by many. He's given his time to so many (laughing all
the way to the bank), now maybe it's time to do something for himself.

Yabbadabbadoo
Sep 06, 2011 - 05:54:10 pm EST
On Sep 6, 3:57=A0pm, Brenda M wrote:
> YBA wrote:
>
> > I'd do the same thing I do now.
> > Enjoy what I have from his work and wish him well.
>
> I'd listen to my CD's ...
> Remember him fondly...
>
> And make fun of the fans who'd move out to Palm Springs to "retire"
> right along with him. =A0Yikes!
>
> Brenda

That is something how a few have done this.Yikes is right!
I would also remember him fondly.He did so much!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next  (First | Last)

Search Tags:
barry manilow retiring
barry+manilow+retirement
Has Barry Manalow retired?