Main Page | Report Page

 

  Religion Forum Index » Christian Methodist Forum » Militant Atheist Christopher Hitchens dying of...

Author Message
1st Century Apostolic Traditionalist...
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:30 pm
 
Militant Atheist Christopher Hitchens will soon be finding out the Truth of
Almighty
God's existence.
http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/21994109#video=22003794

What sayeth the Scripture about such unbelievers?
"The fool has said in his heart there is no God"
Psalm 1:1 (KJV)

"Professing themselves to be wise they become fools"
Romans 1:22 (KJV)

Jeff...
 
Thommadura...
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:44 pm
 
On 9/22/2010 5:26 PM, jwsheffield at (no spam) satx.rr.com wrote:
Quote:
Let's all pray for Christopher!


Prayer has been established in EVERY test to be worthless

SO - you intend doing something worthless

Why waste your time?
 
Sidney Lambe...
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:47 pm
 
On alt.religion.christian, jwsheffield at (no spam) satx.rr.com <jwsheffield at (no spam) satx.rr.com> wrote:
Quote:
Let's all pray for Christopher!

He could just as well pray for you. Studies
of prayer have clearly established that it doesn't
matter whether you are a Christian or a Buddhist
or a Hindu or an Agnostic or an Atheist for
prayer to work.

And it doesn't matter what you pray to, if anything.

[delete a bunch of repulsive garbage]

Sid

--
We are magickal beings and it's all Good.
http://tinyurl.com/7vs9zb
usenet4444 (AT) gmail (DOT) com
 
Dr. R. Knapp...
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:43 pm
 
On Sep 22, 4:47 pm, Sidney Lambe <sidneyla... at (no spam) somewhere.invalid>
wrote:
Quote:
On alt.religion.christian, jwsheffi... at (no spam) satx.rr.com <jwsheffi... at (no spam) satx.rr.com> wrote:

Let's all pray for Christopher!

He could just as well pray for you. Studies
of prayer have clearly established that it doesn't
matter whether you are a Christian or a Buddhist
or a Hindu or an Agnostic or an Atheist for
prayer to work.

That is as silly as saying, buy a plane ticket and all airlines will
let you use it on their planes. Or just because you not a Chinese,
China is going to let you into their nation so you can hurt people,
and such.

If one prays to a log of wood or a river nothing happens, if one
Prays to false gods, nothing happens, if one has no god why would an
Atheist pray at all. Then one that knows nothing about prayer, like
you, you get nothing if you did pray. Like going to a newspaper
machine and trying to make it work like an ATM or going to wall and
asking for a Hamburger.

Then to them that know God, prayer does work, and works very well as
there is only ONE GOD and the Bible says to ask Him, not gods and mock
even an atheist as we know they do not pray, and they could care
less. If one rejects the truth, they will get what the punishment is,
simple as that.

Quote:
And it doesn't matter what you pray to, if anything.

The way you post here, it could be seen, as your praying and you get
nothing our of anything.

Quote:

[delete a bunch of repulsive garbage]

No problem. I get delete the rest of your post that has your name and
such as, that is what you just told us to do. See even you pray works
as I can do that for you. . Bye. [gone]
 
Dr. R. Knapp...
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:52 pm
 
On Sep 22, 4:44 pm, Thommadura <tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:
Quote:
On 9/22/2010 5:26 PM, jwsheffi... at (no spam) satx.rr.com wrote:

Let's all pray for Christopher!

Prayer has been established in EVERY test to be worthless

Keep lying to yourself, everything you said here is worthless that is
fact. Billions of people and thousands of years, shows you are
ignorant about prayer, and what you say is what is worthless.

Quote:

SO - you intend doing something worthless

Well that is what your doing now, here and in this newsgroup, it is
worthless.
Quote:

Why waste your time?

Good question, only it seems you only address it to others, when you
should ask yourself why your wasting your time, like kicking against
the wall, as the bible says.
Ac 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus
whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
Ac 26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice
speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why
persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Then enjoy yourself, as they have patted walls for people that do such
things, like hitting their head against the wall, totally worthless,
then many feel that way so they do it anyway. How does it feel, you
should know?

Raymond
 
Dr. R. Knapp...
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:12 pm
 
On Sep 22, 7:36 pm, "I"
<I... at (no spam) VeraSixmyinsanestalkerandtroll000030.com> wrote:
Quote:
"1st Century Apostolic Traditionalist" broadband1... at (no spam) ntlworld.com wrote

Militant Atheist Christopher Hitchens will soon be finding out the Truth
of Almighty God's existence.

So you cheer when someone is dying from cancer?  Would Jesus cheer along
with you?

He did not cheer, you mind is not seeing what you want not what he
said. He made a statement and as far as I can see it is true, is he
dying of cancer or not? Now he also pointed out with out any cheer,
what he denied he will soon know is true or not. Isn't that what all
people find out when they die, it is sad he has cancer and is dying
which is so sad since he rejects his end of life. Only He will know
soon, if not already dead, will be. Jesus would be cheering him along
if he was going to with Jesus, seems he is not and then Jesus made a
way and the atheist do all the cheering in denying Jesus. Kind of
like what goes around comes around.

Quote:

Trew kristyun luv oozes out of your bowels.

YOU are mentally ill with a mind that thinks that what, do you cheer
yourself on, for what you wish on others may just come back and hit
you in your backside.

Quote:

"The bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother." Philemon 1:7 (KJV)

Phil 1:7 ¶ Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all,
because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in
the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my
grace.

THAT IS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS, READ IT.

7 So it is right that I should feel as I do about all of you, for you
have a special place in my heart. You share with me the special favor
of God, both in my imprisonment and in defending and confirming the
truth of the Good News. 8 God knows how much I love you and long for
you with the tender compassion of Christ Jesus.

Tyndale House Publishers, Holy Bible : New Living Translation., 2nd
ed. (Wheaton, Ill.: Tyndale House Publishers, 2004). Php 1:7–8.

Enjoy as I know you will not, the truth could set you free, then
freedom is not what it seems you want, then even in death some still
do not want freedom.
 
singin4free...
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:46 pm
 
On Sep 22, 5:47 pm, Sidney Lambe <sidneyla... at (no spam) somewhere.invalid>
wrote:
Quote:
On alt.religion.christian, jwsheffi... at (no spam) satx.rr.com <jwsheffi... at (no spam) satx.rr.com> wrote:

Let's all pray for Christopher!

He could just as well pray for you. Studies
of prayer have clearly established that it doesn't
matter whether you are a Christian or a Buddhist
or a Hindu or an Agnostic or an Atheist for
prayer to work.

And it doesn't matter what you pray to, if anything.

[delete a bunch of repulsive garbage]

Sid

--
We are magickal beings and it's all Good.http://tinyurl.com/7vs9zb
usenet4444 (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Statistical studies of prayer are useless because of the God factor.
If I flip a trick coin and control it with a magnet, all the
statistics in the world will not be able to predict the result,
because I am controlling the outcome. Prayer is not a force, it is a
request for action from God. Since God can control the outcome, what
if he decides he does not wish his actions to be revealed through a
silly experiment by creatures he himself has made? That will not keep
him from answering other prayers outside of the experiment. Bottom
line, if God is real then you will not find him via controlled
experiments. Now, if prayer is using your mind to control some
mindless physical force, maybe you would be able to use a controlled
experiment to see if it works. But right there you have it! Prayer
studies have generally failed to find real significance for answered
prayer in the results of controlled experiments. This data that they
have collected is perhaps evidence that prayer is not a way of tapping
in to a mindless force of nature. But they have shown nothing about
what happens when a Person with a will controls the results. In other
words, if he does not want you to know, you will not know. And you
can't trick him into it. He controls all the results.
 
I...
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:36 pm
 
"1st Century Apostolic Traditionalist" broadband1234 at (no spam) ntlworld.com wrote

Quote:
Militant Atheist Christopher Hitchens will soon be finding out the Truth
of Almighty God's existence.

So you cheer when someone is dying from cancer? Would Jesus cheer along
with you?

Trew kristyun luv oozes out of your bowels.

"The bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother." Philemon 1:7
(KJV)
 
Sidney Lambe...
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:00 pm
 
On alt.religion.christian, Dr. R. Knapp <rwknapp at (no spam) aim.com> wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 22, 4:44=A0pm, Thommadura <tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:
On 9/22/2010 5:26 PM, jwsheffi... at (no spam) satx.rr.com wrote:

Let's all pray for Christopher!

Prayer has been established in EVERY test to be worthless

Quite the contrary.

Quote:

Keep lying to yourself, everything you said here is worthless that is
fact. Billions of people and thousands of years, shows you are
ignorant about prayer, and what you say is what is worthless.

The modern studies of 'the power of prayer' have shown it to
be effective in varying degrees and that it doesn't matter whether
the person believes in god(s) or not. Nor does it matter what
they are praying to. A rock does as well as one of the established
(alleged) gods.

An agnostic or atheist who prays to a rock to accomplish
something will be just as effective as a Christian who prays to
Jehovah.

[delete]

Sid

--
We are magickal beings and it's all Good.
http://tinyurl.com/7vs9zb
usenet4444 (AT) gmail (DOT) com
 
Dr. R. Knapp...
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:14 pm
 
On Sep 23, 1:05 am, Sidney Lambe <sidneyla... at (no spam) somewhere.invalid>
wrote:
Quote:
On alt.religion.christian, singin4free <jffry... at (no spam) gmail.com> wrote:

On Sep 22, 5:47=A0pm, Sidney Lambe <sidneyla... at (no spam) somewhere.invalid
wrote:
On alt.religion.christian, jwsheffi... at (no spam) satx.rr.com <jwsheffi... at (no spam) satx.rr.c> > om> wrote:

Let's all pray for Christopher!

He could just as well pray for you. Studies
of prayer have clearly established that it doesn't
matter whether you are a Christian or a Buddhist
or a Hindu or an Agnostic or an Atheist for
prayer to work.

And it doesn't matter what you pray to, if anything.

[delete a bunch of repulsive garbage]

Sid

Statistical studies of prayer are useless because of the God factor.

Trying to make sense of your article is useless because of the
retard factor.

Yes you do have that problem, so sorry you are retarded, then some
people are trained to help you if you ask.
 
Sidney Lambe...
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:05 am
 
On alt.religion.christian, singin4free <jffrycnt at (no spam) gmail.com> wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 22, 5:47=A0pm, Sidney Lambe <sidneyla... at (no spam) somewhere.invalid
wrote:
On alt.religion.christian, jwsheffi... at (no spam) satx.rr.com <jwsheffi... at (no spam) satx.rr.c=
om> wrote:

Let's all pray for Christopher!

He could just as well pray for you. Studies
of prayer have clearly established that it doesn't
matter whether you are a Christian or a Buddhist
or a Hindu or an Agnostic or an Atheist for
prayer to work.

And it doesn't matter what you pray to, if anything.

[delete a bunch of repulsive garbage]

Sid

Statistical studies of prayer are useless because of the God factor.

Trying to make sense of your article is useless because of the
retard factor.

(He/she has obviously never seen one of the studies.)

[delete]

Sid

--
We are magickal beings and it's all Good.
http://tinyurl.com/7vs9zb
usenet4444 (AT) gmail (DOT) com
 
singin4free...
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:58 am
 
On Sep 23, 7:55 am, Thommadura <tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:
Quote:
On 9/23/2010 7:45 AM, W.T.S. wrote:



In article<4e7026ba-b224-4e20-a70d-685e0dae05e5
at (no spam) g21g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, jffry... at (no spam) gmail.com says...

On Sep 22, 5:47 pm, Sidney Lambe<sidneyla... at (no spam) somewhere.invalid
wrote:
On alt.religion.christian, jwsheffi... at (no spam) satx.rr.com<jwsheffi... at (no spam) satx.rr.com>  wrote:

Let's all pray for Christopher!

He could just as well pray for you. Studies
of prayer have clearly established that it doesn't
matter whether you are a Christian or a Buddhist
or a Hindu or an Agnostic or an Atheist for
prayer to work.

And it doesn't matter what you pray to, if anything.

[delete a bunch of repulsive garbage]

Sid

--
We are magickal beings and it's all Good.http://tinyurl.com/7vs9zb
usenet4444 (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Statistical studies of prayer are useless because of the God factor.
If I flip a trick coin and control it with a magnet, all the
statistics in the world will not be able to predict the result,
because I am controlling the outcome. Prayer is not a force, it is a
request for action from God. Since God can control the outcome, what
if he decides he does not wish his actions to be revealed through a
silly experiment by creatures he himself has made? That will not keep
him from answering other prayers outside of the experiment. Bottom
line, if God is real then you will not find him via controlled
experiments. Now, if prayer is using your mind to control some
mindless physical force, maybe you would be able to use a controlled
experiment to see if it works. But right there you have it!  Prayer
studies have generally failed to find real significance for answered
prayer in the results of controlled experiments. This data that they
have collected is perhaps evidence that prayer is not a way of tapping
in to a mindless force of nature. But they have shown nothing about
what happens when a Person with a will controls the results. In other
words, if he does not want you to know, you will not know. And you
can't trick him into it. He controls all the results.

There is no God.  Prayers go nowhere at all.

Indeed - study after study has proven that prayer does not change
ANYTHING beyond the level of PURE CHANCE.

And in fact - it did not matter what you prayed to - actually praying to
the sun was just as effective as praying to a statue.

As I said, the studies are meaningless because statistics don't work
on data that is under the control of a person. If I have control over
the experiment, I can make the data say whatever I want it to say. In
this case it is God who is in control. If he doesn't want the study to
succeed, it will not. That does not mean he won't answer prayer
outside of the experiment. Say you flip a coin 100 times. You expect
it to come up heads about 50 plus or minus a few times. But if I gave
you a magnetic coin and I had a controller, I could force it to be
heads whenever I wanted, ruining your experiment. Statistics are thus
meaningless if a person is biasing the results. God can do that with
statistical prayer studies. The only thing you can show with such
studies is that prayer is or is not able to control a mindless force,
or perhaps that God is unwilling to be studied in this way and can
choose to not participate. Prayer is not a force it is the act of
asking a person, God to act. If he wants to, he will, if he does not
wish to, he won't. It is utterly unpredictable, so the experiments can
prove nothing.
 
Patrick...
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:36 am
 
"Dr. R. Knapp" <rwknapp at (no spam) aim.com> wrote trash again....

Hey, knappo, I see you've added a "Dr" in front of
your name. I thought you were a "reverend?"
Aren't you the whiney missionary who spent years in
the Philippines? Didn't you once CLAIM to have gotten
a degree from some theological seminary that exists
only on the internet? What up with this "Dr" bit?
Did you get some sort of theological PhD now from
some other internet place?
 
W.T.S....
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:45 am
 
In article <4e7026ba-b224-4e20-a70d-685e0dae05e5
at (no spam) g21g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, jffrycnt at (no spam) gmail.com says...
Quote:

On Sep 22, 5:47 pm, Sidney Lambe <sidneyla... at (no spam) somewhere.invalid
wrote:
On alt.religion.christian, jwsheffi... at (no spam) satx.rr.com <jwsheffi... at (no spam) satx.rr.com> wrote:

Let's all pray for Christopher!

He could just as well pray for you. Studies
of prayer have clearly established that it doesn't
matter whether you are a Christian or a Buddhist
or a Hindu or an Agnostic or an Atheist for
prayer to work.

And it doesn't matter what you pray to, if anything.

[delete a bunch of repulsive garbage]

Sid

--
We are magickal beings and it's all Good.http://tinyurl.com/7vs9zb
usenet4444 (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Statistical studies of prayer are useless because of the God factor.
If I flip a trick coin and control it with a magnet, all the
statistics in the world will not be able to predict the result,
because I am controlling the outcome. Prayer is not a force, it is a
request for action from God. Since God can control the outcome, what
if he decides he does not wish his actions to be revealed through a
silly experiment by creatures he himself has made? That will not keep
him from answering other prayers outside of the experiment. Bottom
line, if God is real then you will not find him via controlled
experiments. Now, if prayer is using your mind to control some
mindless physical force, maybe you would be able to use a controlled
experiment to see if it works. But right there you have it! Prayer
studies have generally failed to find real significance for answered
prayer in the results of controlled experiments. This data that they
have collected is perhaps evidence that prayer is not a way of tapping
in to a mindless force of nature. But they have shown nothing about
what happens when a Person with a will controls the results. In other
words, if he does not want you to know, you will not know. And you
can't trick him into it. He controls all the results.

There is no God. Prayers go nowhere at all.
--
http://folding.stanford.edu
Save lives, visit today!
 
Thommadura...
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:55 am
 
On 9/23/2010 7:45 AM, W.T.S. wrote:
Quote:
In article<4e7026ba-b224-4e20-a70d-685e0dae05e5
at (no spam) g21g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, jffrycnt at (no spam) gmail.com says...

On Sep 22, 5:47 pm, Sidney Lambe<sidneyla... at (no spam) somewhere.invalid
wrote:
On alt.religion.christian, jwsheffi... at (no spam) satx.rr.com<jwsheffi... at (no spam) satx.rr.com> wrote:

Let's all pray for Christopher!

He could just as well pray for you. Studies
of prayer have clearly established that it doesn't
matter whether you are a Christian or a Buddhist
or a Hindu or an Agnostic or an Atheist for
prayer to work.

And it doesn't matter what you pray to, if anything.

[delete a bunch of repulsive garbage]

Sid

--
We are magickal beings and it's all Good.http://tinyurl.com/7vs9zb
usenet4444 (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Statistical studies of prayer are useless because of the God factor.
If I flip a trick coin and control it with a magnet, all the
statistics in the world will not be able to predict the result,
because I am controlling the outcome. Prayer is not a force, it is a
request for action from God. Since God can control the outcome, what
if he decides he does not wish his actions to be revealed through a
silly experiment by creatures he himself has made? That will not keep
him from answering other prayers outside of the experiment. Bottom
line, if God is real then you will not find him via controlled
experiments. Now, if prayer is using your mind to control some
mindless physical force, maybe you would be able to use a controlled
experiment to see if it works. But right there you have it! Prayer
studies have generally failed to find real significance for answered
prayer in the results of controlled experiments. This data that they
have collected is perhaps evidence that prayer is not a way of tapping
in to a mindless force of nature. But they have shown nothing about
what happens when a Person with a will controls the results. In other
words, if he does not want you to know, you will not know. And you
can't trick him into it. He controls all the results.

There is no God. Prayers go nowhere at all.


Indeed - study after study has proven that prayer does not change
ANYTHING beyond the level of PURE CHANCE.

And in fact - it did not matter what you prayed to - actually praying to
the sun was just as effective as praying to a statue.
 
 
Page 1 of 5    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
The time now is Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:14 pm