Main Page | Report Page

 

  Religion Forum Index » Christian Methodist Forum » Militant Atheist Christopher Hitchens dying of...

Author Message
Thommadura...
Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:32 pm
 
On 9/25/2010 6:20 PM, singin4free wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 25, 1:23 pm, Thommadura<tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:
On 9/25/2010 9:13 AM, Patrick wrote:

"singin4free"<jffry... at (no spam) gmail.com> wrote
That is untrue.

YET you give NO PROOF of that

IF you are claiming something is NOT TRUE - by all means PROVE your
statement

The studies may show nothing but that does not mean

God will not answer prayers outside of the studies. God controls the
results.

If YOU could PROVE that one you would have already posted the PROOF

However - NO one of ANY religion has proven that to be true.

"Blessed are they who have not seen yet believe"
- Jesus to doubting Thomas after he gave him the PROOF he requested.

The bible also says that the earth is Stationary - and built on Pillars
- and unmoving in the sky

And that is NONSENSE too. The bible is a fairy tale book - written by
humans.


As far as the actual statement - only a CON MAN would make such a
statement - because he know he cannot provide real proof of what he
claims. If he had real proof - he would happily provide it.
 
Sidney Lambe...
Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:33 pm
 
On alt.religion.christian, Thommadura <tommadura at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:
Quote:
On 9/25/2010 4:55 PM, Sidney Lambe wrote:
On alt.religion.christian, Terry Cross<tcross77 at (no spam) hotmail.com> wrote:
On Sep 25, 10:25=A0am, Thommadura<tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:
[delete]

To claim a ministry is PROVEN - would require PROOF a god does
exist And that is the FRAUD HERE

SO - post the proof or we will accept that as proof YOU have
none

It all depends upon your standard of proof -- and there are
multiple standards. Maybe your standard is a pitchfork in the
rear end, and you feel your standard has not been met. But
individual experience varies, too.

Exactly. Take the Scientists. You can't ask them to prove that
randomness/chance/chaos/accident exists because the Scientific
Method is predicated upon the assumption of its existence. It is
accepted on blind faith.


Ah - change of subject noted

That is typical theists at work

Juvenile and mean word games. This is typical of brain-dead
sheep who believe anything some geek whose parents bought
him a science degree says.

It is also typical of such people that they assume things to
be true without having any evidence to support them.

I am most certainly not a theist, and he does't even have the
sense to read some of my articles here to discover what I am.

You have to be pretty stupid to imagine that anyone who doesn't
buy the Theory of Evolution fantasy is a theist.

I wonder how many times this genius has seen a sig like mine
on a theist's posts.

[delete]

No point in reading any further here.

Sid

--
We are magickal beings and it's all Good.
http://tinyurl.com/7vs9zb
usenet4444 (AT) gmail (DOT) com
 
singin4free...
Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:37 pm
 
On Sep 25, 7:32 pm, Thommadura <tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:
Quote:
On 9/25/2010 6:20 PM, singin4free wrote:



On Sep 25, 1:23 pm, Thommadura<tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net>  wrote:
On 9/25/2010 9:13 AM, Patrick wrote:

"singin4free"<jffry... at (no spam) gmail.com>    wrote
That is untrue.

YET you give NO PROOF of that

IF you are claiming something is NOT TRUE  - by all means PROVE your
statement

The studies may show nothing but that does not mean

God will not answer prayers outside of the studies. God controls the
results.

If YOU could PROVE that one you would have already posted the PROOF

However - NO one of ANY religion has proven that to be true.

"Blessed are they who have not seen yet believe"
  - Jesus to doubting Thomas after he gave him the PROOF he requested..

The bible also says that the earth is Stationary - and built on Pillars
- and unmoving in the sky

And that is NONSENSE too. The bible is a fairy tale book - written by
humans.

As far as the actual statement - only a CON MAN would make such a
statement - because he know he cannot provide real proof of what he
claims. If he had real proof - he would happily provide it.

Your knowledge of physics is imperfect if you don't understand that
motion is relative to the observer. It is perfectly sound to consider
the earth stationary with respect to the observer.

Your statement with regard to Jesus calling him a con man is also in
error, since Thomas knew that Jesus had died and was buried. The proof
Jesus supplied was the fact that he was alive again from the dead,
even offering to let Thomas put his finger in his wounds as Thomas
had said he must do if he were to believe. His reaction should tell
you the truth - he called Jesus "My Lord and My God". No man could be
a con man with that kind of proof. So, your only recourse is to deny
that the story is true. You would not be the first, you will not be
the last. But in the end it will be you who must kneel before him,
because as it says, "Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall
confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father."
 
Thommadura...
Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:46 pm
 
On 9/25/2010 7:33 PM, Sidney Lambe wrote:
Quote:
On alt.religion.christian, Thommadura<tommadura at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:
On 9/25/2010 4:55 PM, Sidney Lambe wrote:
On alt.religion.christian, Terry Cross<tcross77 at (no spam) hotmail.com> wrote:
On Sep 25, 10:25=A0am, Thommadura<tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:
[delete]

To claim a ministry is PROVEN - would require PROOF a god does
exist And that is the FRAUD HERE

SO - post the proof or we will accept that as proof YOU have
none

It all depends upon your standard of proof -- and there are
multiple standards. Maybe your standard is a pitchfork in the
rear end, and you feel your standard has not been met. But
individual experience varies, too.

Exactly. Take the Scientists. You can't ask them to prove that
randomness/chance/chaos/accident exists because the Scientific
Method is predicated upon the assumption of its existence. It is
accepted on blind faith.


Ah - change of subject noted

That is typical theists at work

Juvenile and mean word games. This is typical of brain-dead
sheep who believe anything some geek whose parents bought
him a science degree says.


It is also typical of such people that they assume things to
be true without having any evidence to support them.

I am most certainly not a theist, and he does't even have the
sense to read some of my articles here to discover what I am.

You have to be pretty stupid to imagine that anyone who doesn't
buy the Theory of Evolution fantasy is a theist.

First - evolution is not a single theory

Second - There are several theories in the group that have already been
proven to be true - among them Natural Selection - and DNA (The
passing of traits from parent down)

Third - I have said that I do not accept all of evolution as well.


However - there was INDEED a change of subject -= from the PROOF of a
ministry - to attacking the scientific method - and that is a typical
theists response -even if YOU are not a theist.

IF you are not a theist - I apologize for the implication

However - the claim was that there was a PROVEN ministry - and that is
simply NOT TRUE - as YOU would know if you are not a theist. There are
still no gods proven to exist.

While you may consider the idea that there are multiple standards of
proof - I do not. Proof is something that establishes without doubt the
truthfulness of a statement (Evidence only implies that). Proof of a god
is something that would convince the leader of a major competing
religion with other gods - that his religion is wrong - and the proven
one is correct - along with virtually all other sentient sane people.
(Obviously delusions exist)
 
Sidney Lambe...
Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:13 pm
 
On alt.religion.christian, Thommadura <tommadura at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:
Quote:
On 9/25/2010 6:20 PM, singin4free wrote:
On Sep 25, 1:23 pm, Thommadura<tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:
On 9/25/2010 9:13 AM, Patrick wrote:

"singin4free"<jffry... at (no spam) gmail.com> wrote
That is untrue.

YET you give NO PROOF of that

IF you are claiming something is NOT TRUE - by all means PROVE your
statement

The studies may show nothing but that does not mean

God will not answer prayers outside of the studies. God controls the
results.

If YOU could PROVE that one you would have already posted the PROOF

However - NO one of ANY religion has proven that to be true.

"Blessed are they who have not seen yet believe"
- Jesus to doubting Thomas after he gave him the PROOF he requested.
The bible also says that the earth is Stationary - and built on Pillars
- and unmoving in the sky

And that is NONSENSE too. The bible is a fairy tale book - written by
humans.


As far as the actual statement - only a CON MAN would make such a
statement - because he know he cannot provide real proof of what he
claims. If he had real proof - he would happily provide it.

There are science books all over the place that are full of
discredited theories once accepted as facts by fools like you.

And all the nonsense you believe to be true today will be
discredited theories 50 years from now.

Yet you are prepared to battle to the death to defend silly
theories like Darwinian evolution.

The Bible _is_ mostly superstitious nonsense, but there is
also some real Truth in there.

No. Don't ask me to explain how I know that. No one who looks to
geeks whose parents bought them science degrees for Truth would
understand the explanation.

Unlike you, I do not allow anyone to do my thinking for me.

Sid

--
We are magickal beings and it's all Good.
http://tinyurl.com/7vs9zb
usenet4444 (AT) gmail (DOT) com
 
zayton...
Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:57 pm
 
Patrick wrote:
Quote:
"Thommadura" <tommadura at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote ..
On 9/25/2010 9:13 AM, Patrick wrote:
"singin4free"<jffrycnt at (no spam) gmail.com> wrote
That is untrue.


YET you give NO PROOF of that
IF you are claiming something is NOT TRUE - by all means PROVE your
statement
If YOU could PROVE that one you would have already posted the PROOF
However - NO one of ANY religion has proven that to be true.

Aren't you tired of singing that same old song?
prove the existence of God?
There are several lines of reason that prove God's existence. The
first is the so-called Cosmological Argument.

there are essentially three possibilities as to the origin of the
universe and the implications about God:

1.. That the universe emerged from nothing. Little needs to be said
about this notion. Nothing produces nothing. This premise is neither
logical nor reasonable.
2.. That the universe is eternal. Among many scientific reasons why
the universe is not eternal are: (a) the big bang theory, (b) the
abundance of hydrogen, and (c) the irreversible decay of the universe.
1.. The discovery by Edwin Hubble that the universe appears to be
uniformly expanding in all directions leads to the conclusion that the
universe had a beginning. The Big Bang theory is not merely a
proposition that matter expanded from an infinitely small position.
It is the proposition that the universe had an absolute
beginning-that before this event not even space nor time even existed
at all! 2.. Hydrogen is continually being converted into helium through
the
process of nuclear fusion. This process is irreversible, so the
abundance of hydrogen in the cosmos belies the notion of an eternal
universe. 3.. The second law of thermodynamics says that while the total
amount of energy remains constant (the first law), the availability
of usable energy in the universe is constantly declining (the second
law). Apart from the intervention of a supernatural agent (God), the
stars would have burned out and the universe would have run down like
a clock with no one to wind it back up. The logical conclusion is
that it cannot be true that an infinite amount of time has passed
because the universe would have reached a cold and lifeless state of
absolute equilibrium. 3.. That the universe was created by an eternal
being. By process of
elimination, the existence of an omnipotent God is the most reasonable
conclusion for origin.
The Law of Causality is a fundamental principle of science and logic.
To deny it is to deny rationality.

But the objections both of your alternative theories to aa creator God also
apply to the very existance of God. Either he came from nothing or has
always existed.
Quote:



The skeptic sometimes asks, "Well, then, who created God?" The answer
is that no one created God, as he is eternal. A rule of logic states
that every effect must have an antecedent cause. But God is not an
effect; rather he is a cause. The logic here is simple but
compelling.

No, the logic here is broken.
Each link in a cause-effect chain is both cause and effect, except the forst
cause.
Whether that "first cause" is God or formless chaos, which at some point in
time, by the inexorable inevatibility of eternity happened at length to fall
into a pattern which coalesed as matter; either God or the chaos either
always existed or came into being as an uncaused effect.

You are pleading for God an exemption from your own logic which you refuse
to grant to the universe itself.


Since something exists, and since something cannot arise
Quote:
from nothing-and further that the universe itself is not
eternal-something outside of the universe must be eternal. An
infinite creator God must be that something. Time and space had a
beginning, but God exists outside of time and space.


In addition to the Cosmological Argument, there is the Teleological
Argument. This idea is that the design in the universe implies God.
(The Greek work telos means design.) This argument is expressed in
various ways scientifically, but with common sense that one can prove
with 100% certainty-without calling on faith or the Bible-that God
exists. There is evidence of intelligent design all around us. If one
sees a bird's nest, he concludes that a bird made it. If one sees a
computer, he must acknowledge the evidence of an intelligent computer
designer. A painting proves that there is a painter. Information does
not derive from non-information. Intelligence does not derive from
non-intelligence. The fact of creation proves a creator.

A scientific explanation of the teleological argument is the so-called
anthropic principle. This principle is the fact that the universe is
based upon several fundamental constants of physics. Even
non-Christian Stephen Hawking, considered the best-known scientist
since Albert Einstein, acknowledges "...the universe and the laws of
physics seem to have been specifically designed for us.

 
zayton...
Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:04 pm
 
Patrick wrote:
Quote:



In addition to the Cosmological Argument, there is the Teleological
Argument. This idea is that the design in the universe implies God.
(The Greek work telos means design.)

No. It means "end" By extention it can also mean completion or perfection.
It does not mena design.
 
singin4free...
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:49 am
 
On Sep 26, 8:26 am, Thommadura <tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:
Quote:
On 9/25/2010 11:37 PM, singin4free wrote:



On Sep 25, 7:32 pm, Thommadura<tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net>  wrote:
On 9/25/2010 6:20 PM, singin4free wrote:

On Sep 25, 1:23 pm, Thommadura<tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net>    wrote:
On 9/25/2010 9:13 AM, Patrick wrote:

"singin4free"<jffry... at (no spam) gmail.com>      wrote
That is untrue.

YET you give NO PROOF of that

IF you are claiming something is NOT TRUE  - by all means PROVE your
statement

The studies may show nothing but that does not mean

God will not answer prayers outside of the studies. God controls the
results.

If YOU could PROVE that one you would have already posted the PROOF

However - NO one of ANY religion has proven that to be true.

"Blessed are they who have not seen yet believe"
   - Jesus to doubting Thomas after he gave him the PROOF he requested.

The bible also says that the earth is Stationary - and built on Pillars
- and unmoving in the sky

And that is NONSENSE too. The bible is a fairy tale book - written by
humans.

As far as the actual statement - only a CON MAN would make such a
statement - because he know he cannot provide real proof of what he
claims. If he had real proof - he would happily provide it.

Your knowledge of physics is imperfect if you don't understand that
motion is relative to the observer. It is perfectly sound to consider
the earth stationary with respect to the observer.

HAHAHAHAHA

But that is NOT what the bible claims -

IT states that the earth is BUILT on PILLARS and is Unmoving in the sky
and the rest of the universe revolves around the earth. Those are
supposed to be the INERRANT INSPIRED words of a prefect being who
created the earth. They are not supposed to be the words of unknowing
humans on earth - although they obviously are


The ground on which you stand certainly is built on the pillars of the
continents and is not moving with respect to a coordinate system
centered on you. Have you no sense for using language to color and
illustrate? Are you a Neanderthal in the use of imagery?? According to
one song the mountains are purple. I suppose you think the author of
that was blind.

Quote:
And that is the point. EVERYTIME you discredit something in the bible
based on the "OBSERVATIONS" of the humans - you admit that the bible is
of HUMAN source - not divine.




You do not understand INSPIRATION. It comes through the eyes of man
FROM God.

Quote:
Your statement with regard to Jesus calling him a con man is also in
error,

INDEED - the christ is a FICTION - never actually lived

There is No mention of him in the historical record of his time at all.


That is a blatant lie. There are abiblical references to Christ, and
besides that and the New Tetament itself is a valid historical record.

Quote:
  since Thomas knew that Jesus had died and was buried.

That is part of a fictional story - who cares

  The proof

Sorry - it is NOT PROOF


AS I have noted - the gods of christianity as defined by the religion
CANNOT Exist

Where is your PROOF that God cannot exist? Answer - you cannot prove
that God cannot or does not exist.

Quote:

SO -= we can actually determine that the story is fake

Jesus supplied was the fact that he was alive again from the dead,
even  offering to let Thomas put his finger in his wounds as Thomas
had said he must do if he were to believe. His reaction should tell
you the truth - he called Jesus "My Lord and My God". No man could be
a con man with that kind of proof. So, your only recourse is to deny
that the story is true.

And it cannot be proven to be true

And you cannot prove it untrue.


Quote:
You would not be the first, you will not be

the last. But in the end it will be you who must kneel before him,

HAHAHAHA


"He that sits in the heavens shall laugh and the Lord shall have them
in derision" (Psalm 2)


Quote:
ANd since YOU cannot prove that one - I can ignore it

Feel free its your choice.


Quote:
That is where YOUR belief sets in - because YOU cannot support your
statements with facts


Absolutely. It is by faith that I understand the facts.

Quote:
because as it says, "Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall
confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father."

ANd yet - the Koran states that the christ was NOT a god - was not the
SON of a god - and did not die on a cross - and you will only bow to ALLAH

And HIndus state otherwise

Jesus said "I am the Way the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the
Father except by me".
 
Linda Lee...
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:07 am
 
On Sep 26, 8:26 am, Thommadura <tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:

Quote:
the bible claims -

IT states that the earth is BUILT on PILLARS and is Unmoving in the sky
and the rest of the universe revolves around the earth.

Your statement is completely false and ignorant. The Scriptures do NOT
state that the Earth is built on pillars, NOR that it is unmoving in
the sky, NOR that the rest of the universe revolves around the Earth.
You're referring to:

Job 9:6, "Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars
thereof tremble".

Shaking the earth out of her "place" could refer to Earth's revolution
around the sun and does not imply the Earth is stationary.

And the word translated "pillars" means a column as STANDING and also
"stand", so it means that upon which the earth stands. And the word's
root form indicates it is used in a figurative as well as literal
sense. It is referring to gravity, the thing that holds the earth in
place and on which it 'stands'.
 
ThomM...
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:29 am
 
On Sep 26, 10:49 am, singin4free <jffry... at (no spam) gmail.com> wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 26, 8:26 am, Thommadura <tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:







On 9/25/2010 11:37 PM, singin4free wrote:

On Sep 25, 7:32 pm, Thommadura<tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net>  wrote:
On 9/25/2010 6:20 PM, singin4free wrote:

On Sep 25, 1:23 pm, Thommadura<tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net>    wrote:
On 9/25/2010 9:13 AM, Patrick wrote:

"singin4free"<jffry... at (no spam) gmail.com>      wrote
That is untrue.

YET you give NO PROOF of that

IF you are claiming something is NOT TRUE  - by all means PROVE your
statement

The studies may show nothing but that does not mean

God will not answer prayers outside of the studies. God controls the
results.

If YOU could PROVE that one you would have already posted the PROOF

However - NO one of ANY religion has proven that to be true.

"Blessed are they who have not seen yet believe"
   - Jesus to doubting Thomas after he gave him the PROOF he requested.

The bible also says that the earth is Stationary - and built on Pillars
- and unmoving in the sky

And that is NONSENSE too. The bible is a fairy tale book - written by
humans.

As far as the actual statement - only a CON MAN would make such a
statement - because he know he cannot provide real proof of what he
claims. If he had real proof - he would happily provide it.

Your knowledge of physics is imperfect if you don't understand that
motion is relative to the observer. It is perfectly sound to consider
the earth stationary with respect to the observer.

HAHAHAHAHA

But that is NOT what the bible claims -

IT states that the earth is BUILT on PILLARS and is Unmoving in the sky
and the rest of the universe revolves around the earth. Those are
supposed to be the INERRANT INSPIRED words of a prefect being who
created the earth. They are not supposed to be the words of unknowing
humans on earth - although they obviously are

The ground on which you stand certainly is built on the pillars of the
continents and is not moving with respect to a coordinate system
centered on you. Have you no sense for using language to color and
illustrate? Are you a Neanderthal in the use of imagery?? According to
one song the mountains are purple. I suppose you think the author of
that was blind.



No - the ground on which I stand is NOT built on pillars and is not
stationary in the sky.

THe problem with your claim is that you are using the images as
ancient goat herders and cave dwellers BELEIVED the earth to be - NOT
what it actually is.

If a god actually knew - he would - since he is supposedly perfect -
tell the actual truth - he cannot do otherwise.



Quote:

And that is the point. EVERYTIME you discredit something in the bible
based on the "OBSERVATIONS" of the humans - you admit that the bible is
of HUMAN source - not divine.

You do not understand INSPIRATION. It comes through the eyes of man
FROM God.

Again - since YOU have not proven a god exists - that is a belief -
not actual truth







Quote:

Your statement with regard to Jesus calling him a con man is also in
error,

INDEED - the christ is a FICTION - never actually lived

There is No mention of him in the historical record of his time at all.

That is a blatant lie. There are abiblical references to Christ, and
besides that and the New Testament itself is a valid historical record.

Sorry - there are NO abiblical records of the christ in his historical
time - and the new testament is NOT from his supposed historical time
either.

YOURS is the LIE





Quote:

  since Thomas knew that Jesus had died and was buried.

That is part of a fictional story - who cares

  The proof

Sorry - it is NOT PROOF

AS I have noted - the gods of christianity as defined by the religion
CANNOT Exist

Where is your PROOF that God cannot exist? Answer - you cannot prove
that God cannot or does not exist.

Sorry - YOU are wrong again - as usual


The god is defined as being Almighty without limits and all knowing
and everywhere - and ALL good..

That cannot be true

A god that is EVERYWHERE would not only take up ALL SPACE and time -
but would have to be visible. IF a god is not plainly visible - it
does not exist in the spectrum of light that can be seen by humans -
and it cannot be everywhere - so the claim cannot be true

Answer this question

Can your god create a disease he cannot cure?

YES OR NO

Either way - you establish something your god cannot do - a limit on
almighty

CAN YOUR ALL GOOD god perform evil. IF he can - he is NOT all good.

Today - YOU will do a number of things that YOU had no idea you would
do Last year. That is a power that humans have - and I can do it too.

What is it your ALL KNOWING GOD can do today that he never previously
knew about?

IF YOU CAN do it - and your god CANNOT - he cannot exist as defined




Quote:



SO -= we can actually determine that the story is fake

Jesus supplied was the fact


again -that is MYTH - not truth

THe bible is fiction


that he was alive again from the dead,
Quote:
even  offering to let Thomas put his finger in his wounds as Thomas
had said he must do if he were to believe. His reaction should tell
you the truth - he called Jesus "My Lord and My God". No man could be
a con man with that kind of proof. So, your only recourse is to deny
that the story is true.

And it cannot be proven to be true

And you cannot prove it untrue.

You would not be the first, you will not be

the last. But in the end it will be you who must kneel before him,

HAHAHAHA

"He that sits in the heavens shall laugh and the Lord shall have them
in derision" (Psalm 2)

ANd since YOU cannot prove that one - I can ignore it

Feel free its your choice.

That is where YOUR belief sets in - because YOU cannot support your
statements with facts

Absolutely. It is by faith that I understand the facts.


SOrry - but that is a lie
Facts are something you can prove are true

YOUR claims are beliefs - not facts

ANd you are not even a good LIAR





Quote:
Jesus said "I am the Way the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the
Father except by me".


A human may have written that one - but it is a meaningless statement

When He was alive - I was able to go to MY father - and I did not need
any spook to do so. And MY children and grandchildren can come to me
as well. SInce I was created by PARENTS - and neither of those were
gods - your statement is NONSENSE without meaning.

When YOU can prove a god exists - get back to me

Otherwise - your statements are simply beliefs that are proof of your
delusion - nothing more
 
ThomM...
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:45 am
 
On Sep 26, 11:07 am, Linda Lee <lindagirl... at (no spam) juno.com> wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 26, 8:26 am, Thommadura <tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:

the bible claims -

IT states that the earth is BUILT on PILLARS and is Unmoving in the sky
and the rest of the universe revolves around the earth.

Your statement is completely false and ignorant. The Scriptures do NOT
state that the Earth is built on pillars,
Yes it does


I Samuel 2 starting at verse 8:

He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar
from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit
the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and
he hath set the world upon them.


NOR that it is unmoving in
Quote:
the sky,

YES IT does - have YOU ever read the bible - Linda

I Chronicles 16:30: "He has fixed the earth firm, immovable."
Psalm 96:10: "He has fixed the earth firm, immovable..."
Psalm 93:1: "Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm..."
Isaiah 45:18: "...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself
fixed it fast..."


Quote:
You're referring to:

Job 9:6, "Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars
thereof tremble".

Sorry Linda - but it is inherently IGNORANT and false for YOU to
assume that I am only referring to ONE example in the bible

There are far more than just that one - as I have already noted

Since YOUR statements are NOT TRUE (I will assume it is ignorance of
the bible rather than a deliberate lie ) - I reject YOUR statements
 
Thommadura...
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:09 am
 
On 9/25/2010 8:13 PM, Sidney Lambe wrote:
Quote:
On alt.religion.christian, Thommadura<tommadura at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:
On 9/25/2010 6:20 PM, singin4free wrote:
On Sep 25, 1:23 pm, Thommadura<tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:
On 9/25/2010 9:13 AM, Patrick wrote:

"singin4free"<jffry... at (no spam) gmail.com> wrote
That is untrue.

YET you give NO PROOF of that

IF you are claiming something is NOT TRUE - by all means PROVE your
statement

The studies may show nothing but that does not mean

God will not answer prayers outside of the studies. God controls the
results.

If YOU could PROVE that one you would have already posted the PROOF

However - NO one of ANY religion has proven that to be true.

"Blessed are they who have not seen yet believe"
- Jesus to doubting Thomas after he gave him the PROOF he requested.
The bible also says that the earth is Stationary - and built on Pillars
- and unmoving in the sky

And that is NONSENSE too. The bible is a fairy tale book - written by
humans.


As far as the actual statement - only a CON MAN would make such a
statement - because he know he cannot provide real proof of what he
claims. If he had real proof - he would happily provide it.

There are science books all over the place that are full of
discredited theories once accepted as facts by fools like you.

Nonsense

IT is a fool like YOU who ignores reality that some things CAN BE PROVEN
to be true.


Quote:

And all the nonsense you believe to be true today will be
discredited theories 50 years from now.

Sorry - but the word "ALL" makes that statement FALSE









Quote:

Yet you are prepared to battle to the death to defend silly
theories like Darwinian evolution.

Obviously - you never read my reply

I did not say that I accept ALL of the evolutionary theories

However - there are indeed some of them that are proven true

As a doctor - I know that there is a mechanism by which parents pass
traits on to the child - and the discovery of DNA and the genome proves
that one.




Quote:

The Bible _is_ mostly superstitious nonsense, but there is
also some real Truth in there.


NOTHING supernatural is true

And the morality is NOT original to the bible - it all existed long
before the bible did

FOr example - the GOLDEN RULE is actually in Hindu writings some 2000
years before the bible - and in greek philosophy long before the bible
as well




Quote:

No. Don't ask me to explain how I know that.



That is because YOU don't know it

YOU are just another deluded person who claims knowledge without any
support =- and yet claim that real knowledge has no basis.



IT is belief - for which YOU do not have any basis for beleif



No one who looks to
Quote:
geeks whose parents bought them science degrees for Truth would
understand the explanation.


That is because YOURS is simply a dodge of the truth
YOU are simply another deluded person who makes up stories
 
Thommadura...
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:26 am
 
On 9/25/2010 11:37 PM, singin4free wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 25, 7:32 pm, Thommadura<tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:
On 9/25/2010 6:20 PM, singin4free wrote:



On Sep 25, 1:23 pm, Thommadura<tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:
On 9/25/2010 9:13 AM, Patrick wrote:

"singin4free"<jffry... at (no spam) gmail.com> wrote
That is untrue.

YET you give NO PROOF of that

IF you are claiming something is NOT TRUE - by all means PROVE your
statement

The studies may show nothing but that does not mean

God will not answer prayers outside of the studies. God controls the
results.

If YOU could PROVE that one you would have already posted the PROOF

However - NO one of ANY religion has proven that to be true.

"Blessed are they who have not seen yet believe"
- Jesus to doubting Thomas after he gave him the PROOF he requested.

The bible also says that the earth is Stationary - and built on Pillars
- and unmoving in the sky

And that is NONSENSE too. The bible is a fairy tale book - written by
humans.

As far as the actual statement - only a CON MAN would make such a
statement - because he know he cannot provide real proof of what he
claims. If he had real proof - he would happily provide it.

Your knowledge of physics is imperfect if you don't understand that
motion is relative to the observer. It is perfectly sound to consider
the earth stationary with respect to the observer.

HAHAHAHAHA

But that is NOT what the bible claims -

IT states that the earth is BUILT on PILLARS and is Unmoving in the sky
and the rest of the universe revolves around the earth. Those are
supposed to be the INERRANT INSPIRED words of a prefect being who
created the earth. They are not supposed to be the words of unknowing
humans on earth - although they obviously are

And that is the point. EVERYTIME you discredit something in the bible
based on the "OBSERVATIONS" of the humans - you admit that the bible is
of HUMAN source - not divine.










Quote:

Your statement with regard to Jesus calling him a con man is also in
error,

INDEED - the christ is a FICTION - never actually lived

There is No mention of him in the historical record of his time at all.



since Thomas knew that Jesus had died and was buried.


That is part of a fictional story - who cares




The proof


Sorry - it is NOT PROOF

AS I have noted - the gods of christianity as defined by the religion
CANNOT Exist


SO -= we can actually determine that the story is fake


Quote:
Jesus supplied was the fact that he was alive again from the dead,
even offering to let Thomas put his finger in his wounds as Thomas
had said he must do if he were to believe. His reaction should tell
you the truth - he called Jesus "My Lord and My God". No man could be
a con man with that kind of proof. So, your only recourse is to deny
that the story is true.

And it cannot be proven to be true







You would not be the first, you will not be
Quote:
the last. But in the end it will be you who must kneel before him,

HAHAHAHA

ANd since YOU cannot prove that one - I can ignore it

That is where YOUR belief sets in - because YOU cannot support your
statements with facts




Quote:
because as it says, "Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall
confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father."



ANd yet - the Koran states that the christ was NOT a god - was not the
SON of a god - and did not die on a cross - and you will only bow to ALLAH


And HIndus state otherwise
 
Jude Alexander...
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:13 am
 
"Linda Lee" <lindagirl444 at (no spam) juno.com> wrote in message
news:08dfd926-d46e-4346-be6b-c29e48404547 at (no spam) x12g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...
On Sep 26, 8:26 am, Thommadura <tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:

Quote:
the bible claims -

IT states that the earth is BUILT on PILLARS and is Unmoving in the sky
and the rest of the universe revolves around the earth.

Your statement is completely false and ignorant. The Scriptures do NOT
state that the Earth is built on pillars, NOR that it is unmoving in
the sky, NOR that the rest of the universe revolves around the Earth.
You're referring to:

Job 9:6, "Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars
thereof tremble".

Shaking the earth out of her "place" could refer to Earth's revolution
around the sun and does not imply the Earth is stationary.

And the word translated "pillars" means a column as STANDING and also
"stand", so it means that upon which the earth stands. And the word's
root form indicates it is used in a figurative as well as literal
sense. It is referring to gravity, the thing that holds the earth in
place and on which it 'stands'.

Linda, I'm sorry but that isn't true. There are plenty of other text to
support that the bible writers thought the world was flat with 4 corners.
That the sky was a dome and God hung the stars for diving seasons, that hell
was below and heaven above. They further believed that the sun revolved
around the earth sunset sunrise and that the earth was fixed and unmoving.
 
singin4free...
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:19 pm
 
On Sep 26, 11:29 am, ThomM <tommad... at (no spam) optonline.net> wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 26, 10:49 am, singin4free <jffry... at (no spam) gmail.com> wrote:

When YOU can prove a god exists - get back to me

If I could prove that God exists I would use all the resources I have
to deliver the message to the world. But all I have is faith and the
Word of God. For many that is sufficient. Sorry I can't help you find
your way. I am not discouraged though. God doesn't need me or anyone
else to prove him. In fact, he often hides himself, but often reveals
himself to the most unlikely characters. I wish you success in your
journey through our short time on earth. It's not over till it's over.
 
 
Page 4 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
The time now is Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:04 pm