Main Page | Report Page

 

  Hobby Forum Index » Pyrotechnics » Is MojoPyrotechnics legit?

Author Message
Fred the Red Shirt
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:34 pm
 
A bit over three weeks ago I placed a small order online with Mojo
Pyrotechnics:

http://www1.mojopyrotechnics.com/

Paypal sent an email confirming payment to MP, but I have heard
nothing from MP. I emailed them, at their Yahoo address, sent
an inquiry with their web-form, and called and left a message by
telephone. I do not expect next day service from every vendor
on the net, but do expect vendors to give me an estimated shipping
date, particularly upon inquiry.

So, in anyone on this newsgroup familiar with them?

--

FF
 
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:55 pm
 
Fred the Red Shirt <fredfighter@spamcop.net> fired this volley in
news:1191958471.500948.49220@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Quote:
So, in anyone on this newsgroup familiar with them?

I know nothing of their legitimacy, but given the somewhat silly assortment
of products they sell, and their direct reference to "Quarter Sticks" and
the "4-inch tube puncher" shown side-fusing an M-80 tube... I think they
won't be long on the market.

LLoyd
 
pappy177
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:57 pm
 
my gosh what high prices!!
 
Putt
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:46 pm
 
pappy177 <pappy177@verizon.net> wrote in news:1191963444.433816.210170
@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Quote:

my gosh what high prices!!


Yup, a tad on the steep side, but I bet they still have customers...
Remember what P.T. Barnum said..

Putt...

--
E-mail is munged, remove one of the hot's...
 
John Reilly
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:17 pm
 
On Oct 9, 4:46 pm, Putt <arachni...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Quote:
pappy177 <pappy...@verizon.net> wrote in news:1191963444.433816.210170
@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:



my gosh what high prices!!

Yup, a tad on the steep side, but I bet they still have customers...
Remember what P.T. Barnum said..

Putt...

Yeah but a pretty fair price on Elmer's glue! Too bad there's a
$10.00 minimum order and they don't take checks!
I've got lots of THOSE left.

John


Quote:

--

 
k1ley4evr
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:27 pm
 
On Oct 9, 2:34 pm, Fred the Red Shirt <fredfigh...@spamcop.net> wrote:
Quote:
A bit over three weeks ago I placed a small order online with Mojo
Pyrotechnics:

http://www1.mojopyrotechnics.com/

Paypal sent an email confirming payment to MP, but I have heard
nothing from MP. I emailed them, at their Yahoo address, sent
an inquiry with their web-form, and called and left a message by
telephone. I do not expect next day service from every vendor
on the net, but do expect vendors to give me an estimated shipping
date, particularly upon inquiry.

So, in anyone on this newsgroup familiar with them?

--

FF

I have ordered from him in the past, one order came quick another
order took over a month. This was when he use to have ebay auctions. I
havent seen him on ebay for quite some time. Hopefully everything
works out for you.
 
Fred the Red Shirt
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:17 pm
 
On Oct 9, 7:27 pm, k1ley4evr <kileywo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2:34 pm, Fred the Red Shirt <fredfigh...@spamcop.net> wrote:



A bit over three weeks ago I placed a small order online with Mojo
Pyrotechnics:

http://www1.mojopyrotechnics.com/

Paypal sent an email confirming payment to MP, but I have heard
nothing from MP. I emailed them, at their Yahoo address, sent
an inquiry with their web-form, and called and left a message by
telephone. I do not expect next day service from every vendor
on the net, but do expect vendors to give me an estimated shipping
date, particularly upon inquiry.

So, in anyone on this newsgroup familiar with them?

--

FF

I have ordered from him in the past, one order came quick another
order took over a month. This was when he use to have ebay auctions. I
havent seen him on ebay for quite some time. Hopefully everything
works out for you.

Shortly after posting the inquiry I received an email from PayPal
saying that
a shipping label had been printed.

Maybe he reads this newsgroup.

I did shop around for price on the items I ordered. Several people
online
have the same ball mill, none cheaper.

Reccommendations for good cheap or quick vendors for chemicals are
appreciated.

--

FF
 
jasper
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:24 am
 
Quote:
Shortly after posting the inquiry I received an email from PayPal
saying that
a shipping label had been printed.

Maybe he reads this newsgroup.

I did shop around for price on the items I ordered. Several people
online
have the same ball mill, none cheaper.

Reccommendations for good cheap or quick vendors for chemicals are
appreciated.


Hate to tell you, but had you asked or researched the archives you'd
have seen that this "ball mill" is available from Harbor Freight for <
$25, the double < $35.

Take a look at their site for more info. The rock tumbler you've
bought will take all of 24 hours to make decent BP, they rotate too
slowly to be very efficient.

And be prepared to find a local source for "belts" (O-rings)- they
break at an alarming rate on the single unit, the double uses a
different belt that may last better.

Jasper
 
David H
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:50 am
 
On Oct 9, 6:17 pm, John Reilly <strb...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 9, 4:46 pm, Putt <arachni...@hotmail.com> wrote:

pappy177 <pappy...@verizon.net> wrote in news:1191963444.433816.210170
@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

my gosh what high prices!!

Yup, a tad on the steep side, but I bet they still have customers...
Remember what P.T. Barnum said..

Putt...

Yeah but a pretty fair price on Elmer's glue! Too bad there's a
$10.00 minimum order and they don't take checks!
I've got lots of THOSE left.

John





--- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -

Wal-mart sells the 4oz bottles of Elmer's Glue-all for $0.17 during
back-to-school sales. They look at you a little funny when you walk up
to the check-out line with a case, but they still sell it to you. Smile
Start looking for it at Wal-mart next year around the first of August.
 
Fred the Red Shirt
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:28 am
 
On Oct 10, 5:24 am, jasper <fl_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Quote:
Shortly after posting the inquiry I received an email from PayPal
saying that
a shipping label had been printed.

Maybe he reads this newsgroup.

I did shop around for price on the items I ordered. Several people
online
have the same ball mill, none cheaper.

Reccommendations for good cheap or quick vendors for chemicals are
appreciated.

Hate to tell you, but had you asked or researched the archives you'd
have seen that this "ball mill" is available from Harbor Freight for
$25, the double < $35.

Take a look at their site for more info. The rock tumbler you've
bought will take all of 24 hours to make decent BP, they rotate too
slowly to be very efficient.

And be prepared to find a local source for "belts" (O-rings)- they
break at an alarming rate on the single unit, the double uses a
different belt that may last better.


Thanks.

Had I known it was from Harbor Freight, I probably would have looked
for an entirely different model. I'm not fond of HF.

I ordered the double.

--

FF
 
Däve
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:37 am
 
"Fred the Red Shirt" <fredfighter@spamcop.net> wrote in message
news:1191979050.928386.7240@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
Quote:
On Oct 9, 7:27 pm, k1ley4evr <kileywo...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Oct 9, 2:34 pm, Fred the Red Shirt <fredfigh...@spamcop.net> wrote:



A bit over three weeks ago I placed a small order online with Mojo
Pyrotechnics:

http://www1.mojopyrotechnics.com/

Paypal sent an email confirming payment to MP, but I have heard
nothing from MP. I emailed them, at their Yahoo address, sent
an inquiry with their web-form, and called and left a message by
telephone. I do not expect next day service from every vendor
on the net, but do expect vendors to give me an estimated shipping
date, particularly upon inquiry.

So, in anyone on this newsgroup familiar with them?

--

FF

I have ordered from him in the past, one order came quick another
order took over a month. This was when he use to have ebay auctions. I
havent seen him on ebay for quite some time. Hopefully everything
works out for you.

Shortly after posting the inquiry I received an email from PayPal
saying that
a shipping label had been printed.

Maybe he reads this newsgroup.

I did shop around for price on the items I ordered. Several people
online
have the same ball mill, none cheaper.



http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=46376

$19.99
 
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:39 am
 
Fred the Red Shirt <fredfighter@spamcop.net> fired this volley in
news:1192033683.035281.273720@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:
Quote:

Had I known it was from Harbor Freight, I probably would have looked
for an entirely different model. I'm not fond of HF.

I ordered the double.

Now you can sllllloooooooowwwwwwwlllyyy grind out twice as much low-grade
powder. Those things aren't and never will be ball mills. They're rock
tumblers.

For $35, you could be about 3/4 of the way toward building a real mill.

LLoyd
 
RADIATORMAN12
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:49 pm
 
On Oct 10, 9:39 am, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
<lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:
Quote:
Fred the Red Shirt <fredfigh...@spamcop.net> fired this volley innews:1192033683.035281.273720@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:



Had I known it was from Harbor Freight, I probably would have looked
for an entirely different model. I'm not fond of HF.

I ordered the double.

Now you can sllllloooooooowwwwwwwlllyyy grind out twice as much low-grade
powder. Those things aren't and never will be ball mills. They're rock
tumblers.

For $35, you could be about 3/4 of the way toward building a real mill.

LLoyd

Good advice Lloyd.
Its hard to beleive how many people steer newcomers towards worthless
rocktumblers.
Some people must get satisfaction out of other peoples failures.
My advice is. When the rock tumbler shows up. Leave it in the box.
You wont get what your looking for there.
Buy Lloyds book about ball mills and build your own. (best money spent
in pyro)
You can get that book at skylighter.
Also you can get your chems there too. Way better than than mojo.
Ted
 
Fred the Red Shirt
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:53 pm
 
On Oct 10, 11:37 am, "Däve" <dtb...@hot-mail.com> wrote:
Quote:
"Fred the Red Shirt" <fredfigh...@spamcop.net> wrote in messagenews:1191979050.928386.7240@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...



On Oct 9, 7:27 pm, k1ley4evr <kileywo...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Oct 9, 2:34 pm, Fred the Red Shirt <fredfigh...@spamcop.net> wrote:

A bit over three weeks ago I placed a small order online with Mojo
Pyrotechnics:

http://www1.mojopyrotechnics.com/

Paypal sent an email confirming payment to MP, but I have heard
nothing from MP. I emailed them, at their Yahoo address, sent
an inquiry with their web-form, and called and left a message by
telephone. I do not expect next day service from every vendor
on the net, but do expect vendors to give me an estimated shipping
date, particularly upon inquiry.

So, in anyone on this newsgroup familiar with them?

--

FF

I have ordered from him in the past, one order came quick another
order took over a month. This was when he use to have ebay auctions. I
havent seen him on ebay for quite some time. Hopefully everything
works out for you.

Shortly after posting the inquiry I received an email from PayPal
saying that
a shipping label had been printed.

Maybe he reads this newsgroup.

I did shop around for price on the items I ordered. Several people
online
have the same ball mill, none cheaper.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=46376

$19.99

Nope.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=90979

$39.99

And had I known it was Chicago Electric, I would have passed on it, as
I
do for any product made in the PRC under a brand name chosen to fool
people into thinking it was made in USA.

Oh well.

--

FF
 
Fred the Red Shirt
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:55 pm
 
On Oct 10, 11:39 am, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
<lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:
Quote:
Fred the Red Shirt <fredfigh...@spamcop.net> fired this volley innews:1192033683.035281.273720@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:



Had I known it was from Harbor Freight, I probably would have looked
for an entirely different model. I'm not fond of HF.

I ordered the double.

Now you can sllllloooooooowwwwwwwlllyyy grind out twice as much low-grade
powder. Those things aren't and never will be ball mills. They're rock
tumblers.

For $35, you could be about 3/4 of the way toward building a real mill.


I considered that. But I also considered how much time it would take.
It would be a lot of fun, but not the sort of fun I wanted the mill
for in the
first place.

--

FF
 
 
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
The time now is Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:35 pm